U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 06:34 AM

613 posts, read 905,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I have often wondered about that place. Whats it like? Isn't it an internet cafe also?

This is so reassuring to see. I honestly had no reservations about the drive but my mom has been freaking me out and making me paranoid with stories of car accidents. It's weird because I want to see her but I'm also angry at her for making me paranoid and implanting all of these ****ed up thoughts in my head.
Not really is more of a half A$$ strip club saying its a coffe shop. The lady was like 40 and overweight. I got a cup of coffee and eggs with bacon. She wanted $30 for a lap dance said no and left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 AM

3,406 posts, read 7,567,098 times
Now I want to go to that place. I just read this review The most awesome, atrocious, delicious, disgusting, repulsive, remarkable meal ever. - Sulley's World

Old 11-28-2012, 11:55 AM

3,150 posts, read 7,260,520 times
One can never truly be safe but using common sense goes a long way.

If you are actually concerned about your safety driving on an interstate in America I think you need to travel to a third world country. Then compare and contrast I-95 to that third world country.

Violence isn't a problem until violence is a problem.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:57 AM

613 posts, read 905,810 times
Quote:
That guy pretty much hit it dead on. I got pancakes tho and they looked like the girls boobs. Im telling you best place to go if wanna be freaked out.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:45 AM

3,406 posts, read 7,567,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
One can never truly be safe but using common sense goes a long way.

If you are actually concerned about your safety driving on an interstate in America I think you need to travel to a third world country. Then compare and contrast I-95 to that third world country.

Violence isn't a problem until violence is a problem.

My mother was born and raised in a third world country where her siblings have been robbed and stabbed left and right. My mother is a victim of violent crime also, so that is why she is paranoid.

Yes, I have been out of the country several times to my family's country, South Pacific, and Europe.

Anyways, even in the US young good looking women are victims of crimes. It's not a "fear of men" as one poster put it, but it's watching the news and seeing story after story about a woman in her 20s who went out one night and was never found again or found in a dumpster. Maybe if you ever have a daughter you will understand.

My personal concern is road safety (avoiding accidents).

Old 11-29-2012, 01:43 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,627,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
The Motel 6 chain is dog-friendly.
They are also hell holes with exterior corridors. A young lady traveling alone is far safer with an interior corridor.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd1014 View Post
One shot?
It can be done,get down by South Carolina/Georgia crash in the car for a few hours of sleep and push on through when you wake up.

Good luck,be safe
I have never felt that the rest areas in those States (or the truck stops) are safe.

It is not safe for two people who are not used to long distance driving to try to make the trip non-stop. Not safe at all. They would be far better off making it to the Rocky Mount, NC area and spending the night. If they leave early (4:00 am) on a Saturday morning they'll have no traffic and be there by 8:00 pm-ish.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The mother is in FL! The crime rate in many cities there is sky-high so that is probably why mom is paranoid. You don't have to go on the road to come across rapists, murderers and thieves. I have no idea what mom's issue is with truckers and I agree that it makes no sense at all as we have traveled many miles, my cousins were on the road for some time and we just met the neatest couple getting ready to go to trucker school. I would be concerned about the lack of cell service though, would not drive at night, would make frequent stops at safer locations for restroom and just to wakeup and stretch. I would also carry pepper spray and/or a stun gun - I have a Zap knuckle blaster that I got from Cabelas. The world is a dangerous place but you can't just hide away and not live. And flying? That's not that safe either. Most people on the road are just trying to get from here to there. Anyone with commonsense as a pretty fair chance of staying out of trouble.
There are a few scattered areas of Florida with high crime, most of the state is very low crime. You've probably never even been here. That's like me saying everyone from Kansas works in a cornfield.

There is FULL AND COMPLETE CELL SERVICE on Verizon and ATT from Boston to Miami and anywhere in between.

And your idea of pepper spray and a stun gun are assinine considering they are highly illegal in several of the States she'd be driving through. I'd love to hear that call, "Hi Mom? I'm in jail in NJ. I got pulled over because one of my tail lights was out, and I got arrested on felony weapons charges for having a stun gun in the car. Can you come bail me out?"

I wish people would get a clue before posting RIDICULOUS information.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
My mother was born and raised in a third world country where her siblings have been robbed and stabbed left and right. My mother is a victim of violent crime also, so that is why she is paranoid.

Yes, I have been out of the country several times to my family's country, South Pacific, and Europe.

Anyways, even in the US young good looking women are victims of crimes. It's not a "fear of men" as one poster put it, but it's watching the news and seeing story after story about a woman in her 20s who went out one night and was never found again or found in a dumpster. Maybe if you ever have a daughter you will understand.

Then don't try to drive too long. Snoozing while the other driver is behind the wheel is not an effective alternative to getting actual sleep in a bed. After distracted driving, impaired driving is the second cause of accidents in this country--and being tired is being impaired.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:08 PM

3,150 posts, read 7,260,520 times
Quote:

Ah, I see. I am a guy so I am more likely to drive through the night and camp out in the back of my station wagon when I get tired. So, I am coming from a totally different place of course.

The risk of accidents are real of course. I would guess one is more likely to die in a car accident than a random act of violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or