U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2012, 11:21 AM

2,189 posts, read 4,723,395 times

Advertisements

I was thinking I should also try to explore Hong Kong while in Viet Nam. I met somebody from Hong Kong and the conversations sparked my interest. I would love to visit for a couple of days. Somebody from Singapore suggested Welcome To Tiger Airways
But, when I checked, I noticed horribly long layovers ( 2 random dates, March 12-14 ) in Singapore. We are talking about 17+ hours. ( Makes me wonder if I should use this layover, which can be up to 23 hours, to explore Singapore!? )
The flight would be around 410 USD, not including the extra charges for the luggage. Not sure if that's a reasonable price? It's supposedly a low-cost airlines, but to be honest, I expected to pay less than that. Maybe 300 USD at the most. However, Viet Nam Airlines seems to offer flights for 6,797,000 VND, which is 325 Dollars ( same dates ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 07:41 PM

24,683 posts, read 45,492,106 times
Tiger Airways makes you lay-over in SG to go to HK? Most pointless thing ever, it's like going the complete opposite direction!

Vietnam Airlines or Airways (one airline, i just forgot whether it's 'line' or 'ways') has affordable fares comparable to Tiger to HK, I would go with them. Are you flying from Hanoi?

Old 11-26-2012, 04:46 AM

2,189 posts, read 4,723,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Tiger Airways makes you lay-over in SG to go to HK? Most pointless thing ever, it's like going the complete opposite direction!

Vietnam Airlines or Airways (one airline, i just forgot whether it's 'line' or 'ways') has affordable fares comparable to Tiger to HK, I would go with them. Are you flying from Hanoi?
I've never been to Singapore. I could use the layover to explore the city. I'm not sure if it's worth it, though. But it should be! At least I can then say I've been there.
Yes, I was planning on flying out of Ha Noi. But I will also be in Ho Chi Minh. I think that won't make any difference, though.

I don't think paying extra to fly to Singapore wouldn't be worth it. So I figured taking advantage of the layover would be a good way to visit Singapore. Unless I wanted to go to Malaysia from there, but that's not my plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel