U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 10-19-2007, 03:33 AM

10,469 posts, read 7,948,293 times
Default Where's the most perfect climate in the world?

I've been using weatherunderground.com/Trip Planner for researching if there is a perfect climate that exists in the world. Perfect: Never too hot in the summer where you never need an air-conditioner, and never too cold in the winter where you don't need a coat or sweater or the heater on. Some place where there's isn't a lot of humidity in the summer (I can't deal with humidity and getting sweaty). People have given San Diego the perfect climate title here in the U.S. but I've been there in January and almost froze to death along the coast. So far, and I may be wrong, I have found Antigua & Guatemala City to be pretty perfect. I noticed that when I was there recently, no air-conditioner or heater or even fans in the room, and with their 5000 feet altitude, that must be the key to their seemingly perfect climate. But I don't know about the rainy season. It might get nasty that time of year. Anybody else done research like this or feel they know some place that might be categorized as perfect or near-perfect for climate year round?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-19-2007, 08:25 AM

133 posts, read 411,934 times
I think Colorado has the best weather. Not unreasonably cold winters, but cold nonetheless. But I like that. Colorado summers are a pleasure.

Unread 10-19-2007, 10:13 AM

15,387 posts, read 20,523,513 times
Check out the Azores.....Portugese Island off of Africa near the equator.....landed there once 40 yrs ago.....the highest temp was 75 the lowest was 69....rained every night and kept it all green......beautiful place with a heavy American presence because of Lajes Field [Air Force Base]

Unread 10-19-2007, 10:16 AM

14,754 posts, read 12,416,828 times
Hawaii is rightfully famous for it's terrific climate, with very little difference between summer and winter - always warm, but rarely all that hot because of the moderating effect of the ocean and more or less constant tradewinds that tend to blow harder as the day heats up (providing a natural air-conditioning).

In truth Hawaii has nearly whatever climate you could possibly desire. If the coastal regions are too warm for you simply move upslope (at least on Maui and the Big Island - which have very high mountains) until you find the climate you want. At the 3,000-4,000 foot levels it's almost always in the 70's during the day year-round. At the coast it ranges from highs in the upper 70's in the winter to the upper 80's in the summer (but again, usually with a nice afternoon breeze).

At whatever elevation you're at, weather in Hawaii is remarkable consistant, and the swing between summer highs and winter highs is usually less than 10 degrees.

Wayyyyyyyyy too expensive for most folks though (including me).

Ken

Unread 10-19-2007, 10:18 AM

14,754 posts, read 12,416,828 times
PS - Many South Pacific islands (Cook Islands etc) have a similar climate as Hawaii since the latitudes are about the same.

Ken

Unread 11-12-2007, 07:37 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,525,289 times
Default Best climate

I would say Hawaii with its tradewind breezes, low humidity and sunshine. I don't think the Hawaiians talk about the weather since it seems so perfect.
Also, the mediterranean areas of southern Italy, Greece, Portugal, etc. In the U.S., I would pick San Diego desptie their horrific fires!!

Unread 11-13-2007, 03:43 AM

13,040 posts, read 13,655,572 times
To me it would be somewhere temperate so probably Europe, like France, Germany or Italy with very distinct seasons, cold winters, some snow, some rain ( I like rain ) and a proper spring and fall too. I don't like hot summers but they come with the territory. I would absolutely hate to live places where it's sunny all the time and summer is the same as winter. It would bore me to tears. I spent a month in California and we had about 1/2 day of rain in that time and I was getting so fed up with constantly hot and dry weather with no clouds in the sky... The rain actually was such a relief and I just loved it.

Unread 11-13-2007, 04:25 AM

579 posts, read 2,260,820 times
Probably Florida or Southern Cali, I hate the cold and even worse is cold weather with rain. I would be very happy to live somewhere where its sunny majority of the year.

Unread 11-13-2007, 08:10 PM
KB4

261 posts, read 704,148 times
Nairobi (Kenya) is pretty close to being perfect climate-wise (thanks to high altitude) but it has many other problems...

Unread 11-15-2007, 09:12 PM

610 posts, read 1,315,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I've been using weatherunderground.com/Trip Planner for researching if there is a perfect climate that exists in the world. Perfect: Never too hot in the summer where you never need an air-conditioner, and never too cold in the winter where you don't need a coat or sweater or the heater on. Some place where there's isn't a lot of humidity in the summer (I can't deal with humidity and getting sweaty). People have given San Diego the perfect climate title here in the U.S. but I've been there in January and almost froze to death along the coast. So far, and I may be wrong, I have found Antigua & Guatemala City to be pretty perfect. I noticed that when I was there recently, no air-conditioner or heater or even fans in the room, and with their 5000 feet altitude, that must be the key to their seemingly perfect climate. But I don't know about the rainy season. It might get nasty that time of year. Anybody else done research like this or feel they know some place that might be categorized as perfect or near-perfect for climate year round?

Strictly weather speaking the perfect climate is the central valley of Costa Rica. About 80 everyday and 65 every night. The only change is the green season, which means rain in the summer but the temp is always the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel