Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 09:38 AM

154 posts, read 290,709 times

Advertisements

Las Vegas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 10:11 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,195,627 times
I like the look and feel of Denver but there is a ton I don't like about it ...... the rental car shuttles are frequently slow, I hate the mega security checkpoint (although with a long walk you can circumvent through the international security point upstairs), it's pretty far away from anything and while clean and nice there aren't a ton of options once in there ... it's all pretty standard. It seems like they just create bottlenecks.

At this point, I honestly just favor the smaller airports. I don't want to spend that much time there and I have yet to be blown away by food/dining options in really any of them. So I just want one with enough variety and seats to fit it's traffic. If I have 2 hours before my plane goes I'm going to want to grab a beer and a snack - if you have 3 great bars and not a seat to be found that's frustrating regardless of how good the bar is.

If rental cars are on site, that's a bonus and they frequently are at the smaller ones. Security lines shorter. Less congestion at check in and your bags come out quickly.

There are a wide variety that I like in that range.

More traditionally I really like terminal 4 at Phoenix Sky Harbor. Four security checkpoints you can use. If one is backed up you can go to the other end - will add some time on a moveable walkway to go around the cube, but all the T4 gates connect past security. There is a good pre-security area with a variety of food/shopping options. After clearing they have added a bunch of new restaurants that are pretty good quality and there is ample seating.

I never had issues with the philadelphia airport - i really liked a lot of the features they put in a little over a decade ago - good train access - I just always had issues with US Air.

I found Milwaukee to be great - the people were incredibly friendly and helped out a lot with our kids .... my wife even had an open bottle of water that she forgot about tucked into the mesh of our stroller and TSA let us take through calling it a permissible childrens item (some places get really particular about what they allow kids to bring through - let alone items that are obviously for the parents) .... they had a nice little play area as well

I've had good luck with Portland and Detroit as well.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:26 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,197,699 times
Detroit was a really nice airport. Though it was a little nerve racking having to practically run across the airport to catch a connecting flight - lol.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:12 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,768,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Ontario California. Clean, modern, everyone was very nice easy to get in and easy to get out. Wasn't insane or crowded at all.
I agree 100%. ONT is my home airport 45 minutes from my house. Like you said, very easy to get in and out of and that is what is important to me. Security is very quick and easy.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:13 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,768,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnny View Post
Las Vegas
McCarran airport in Las Vegas is the worst airport I have been to and that includes a lot of airports.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:51 PM

670 posts, read 1,275,575 times
Tampa's TIA is very nice, IMO. Its not huge but its hardly ever too crowded. I like it the most out of IAD, Reagan, ATL and Kansas City, Ft Lauderdale, Tallahassee and BWI....yea thats all of the airports I've been to.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:32 PM

306 posts, read 757,197 times
Albequerque...nice.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:28 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,973,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NALEXAND View Post
Tampa's TIA is very nice, IMO. Its not huge but its hardly ever too crowded. I like it the most out of IAD, Reagan, ATL and Kansas City, Ft Lauderdale, Tallahassee and BWI....yea thats all of the airports I've been to.
Getting in and out of TPA is the problem--the traffic in that area is terrible day and night.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:02 PM

630 posts, read 993,169 times
Denver and Minneapolis!

Old 03-05-2013, 05:44 PM

166 posts, read 194,407 times
Atlantic City..no crowds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel