Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 03:05 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,558,027 times

Advertisements

I am really confused about what they want. I will be applying by mail for my husband and me.

I have completed the Visa Application Form and affixed the photo.
I have a copy of my driver's license as proof of address.
I have a US passport with the requisite amount of time remaining.

On some websites it says they want 2 photos. I have 2 additional photos to send them but there is no information about how they want to receive any photo in addition to the one affixed to the Visa Application Form.

Some websites say that I need to send proof of departure plans such as flight reservations. Other websites say not to book non-refundable flights until you have the Visa approved. I can understand their wanting evidence of departure booking upon arrival but I am at a loss to know if they need that with the Visa application.

There is a Postal Application Form that references a checklist that is signed by the applicant. I can't find a checklist with a signature line.

Lastly, a self addressed track-able return envelope. One for each passport? Any suggestions about how to find a track-able return envelope?

Oh yes, the firm that processes India Visa applications changes 7/1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 08:33 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,880,115 times
I can only tell you from the perspective of a business visa - and for that it's even more complex - I needed invitation letters from both my company and the company in India I was visiting.
As I remember, you do need two photos, one for the visa and one for there records. I don't remember needed proof of reservations, just the approximate dates of travel, which you fill in on the application form.
You know there are outside firms that also handle your visa application. You may want to go with one of them. They answer your questions and handle all the headaches (for a fee). I would also suggest you can go to the consulate office in person, except that I think the closest to you is in San Francisco so that is probably too far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel