U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 09:49 PM

173 posts, read 417,436 times

Advertisements

Okay, so I am trying to find a place to go where all ages can enjoy, good wholesome fun
there will be ages from early thirties to early eighties....

So I am looking for ideas for places in the USA and Canada we could all go on vacation and have good clean fun.

Anyplace that you have gone with your parents, grandparents, grand kids or young children I would love to hear about.

I also posted this thread in Austin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 06:18 AM

3,161 posts, read 8,092,043 times
This is pretty vague but I will take a stab at it. Trying to appease ages 30-80s alike will be near impossible. I am a very active 30-odd year old and what I like to do is very different than my 85 year old Nana (as much as I adore her, we are in 2 different phases of life!). I like active things (hiking, kayaking, etc.), Nana can't do that stuff. If it is city sight seeing, I will be walking miles and miles by choice...Nana not so much. With that stated, set it up where quality time can be spent with one another and also free time so people can also do what they want to do.

Also, what on earth is "wholesome, good clean fun"? Is that code for no strip clubs? You can have good clean fun anywhere (even Vegas!). I can list a million places in every state and province that will fit the bill. How about some limitations: budget? Near a major airport hub? Within X miles of a certain place? Weather/time of year?

Old 07-23-2013, 08:24 AM

39,522 posts, read 47,675,353 times
Disneyland, Disney World, any family amusement park. Kids of all ages enjoy those wholesome family outings. Google amusement parks and pick out one that interests you for a destination vacation and make it a family planning fun time.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:30 AM

16,720 posts, read 14,681,103 times
Vegas is fun for everyone that age. As long as you aren't bringing kids.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:37 AM

1,238 posts, read 4,038,851 times
A better description of "fun" would be helpful. Stage shows, shopping, looking at buildings,laying all day on a beach are not fun to me (and I'm a woman!) but are for my boss. Ocean fishing, kayaking, hiking, beach volleyball, dancing, people watching is what I find fun but my boss would hate it. I think you need some input from each family member to find out what expectations are. Will you rent a vacation home and cook most meals? Or plan to eat out a lot? When do you plan to go? Will someone be upset if they can't get WiFi in their room? It took us 2 years to plan a family vacation for 13 people.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:58 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,046,067 times
How old is the youngest?

Old 07-23-2013, 12:08 PM

21,319 posts, read 21,867,229 times
How about the Grand Canyon or Grand Cayman?

Old 07-23-2013, 06:45 PM

32,055 posts, read 32,950,797 times
A cruise is a good idea for a vacation for people of different age levels as there are activities for all age levels.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:23 PM

14,253 posts, read 23,969,886 times
We have had as many as four generations on a vacation trip. The family would rent as many as nine cabins along the same lake. There were activities for all ages. Some would go fishing, some would go swimming, and others would sit around and read. Everyone had a blast.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:54 PM

13,320 posts, read 20,133,835 times
Some suggestions:

1. Rent a condo near Disneyworld. Plan to do many of the activities in that area. The grandparent can always stay back at the condo, and head to the pool. Maybe they would join you at SeaWorld or Universal. Some of those places are enjoyed by all ages. Don't expect everyone to attend every outing. Vacations are partly for relaxing and sometimes that is what people like to do.

2. Rent a home in Surfside Beach, SC perhaps one of the large homes of Bermuda Bay. There you can take a golf cart to your own ocean beach. There is also an indoor and outdoor fun pool for kids. Plus, an outdoor pool for adults.
The outdoor pool has all kinds of unique items that kids love.
For adult enjoyment head to Market Commons where you can take in a movie and stroll the unique stores and outdoor restaurants.
In the Myrtle Beach area there is golfing for the guys, and miniature golf for the kids. There is an amusement park and lots of shows for adults and children. Pirate Voyage is a great family show but you'd need kids along to enjoy it.
The Carolina Opry is fun as is Alabama Theater.
All in all there is something for everyone. So this would be a place I'd recommend.

3. Rent an apartment in NYC and take in the sights. Radio City, The museum of Natural History. Macy's, The M&M Store,
FAO Swartz toy store, a studio tour, amongst others.

That is my best ideas for now, hope it helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or