Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2013, 04:06 PM

30 posts, read 78,055 times

Advertisements

Hi,

In couple days I am going to Reno, NV from Oakland, CA. On the way from Oakland I wanna stop in Sacramento. Then I'm going to South Lake Tahoe. I think I'll spend 2-3 hours there and then head to Reno.

After Reno I'll go to Silver City and then head to Yosemite. On the way to Napa I want to visit Sonora, CA.

So could anyone give an advice on such a trip? Which route I'd better take? What places to see?

Does anyone also help with sightseeing in Napa and Sonoma?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 01:27 PM

899 posts, read 2,942,765 times
I've been watching this thread hoping some locals as in Napa or Reno people will say something..
You live about an hour from Napa and Sonoma why not do a day trip and see both..Hotels in that area are
off the moon in price, we stay in Fairfield when we have to go home to napa on family stuff.
Reno and Tahoe are 3 or 4 hours from you too..Get a hotel in Reno and just enjoy it.
Yosemite I would call there and see how they are doing after the fire..It and Sonora are 4 or so
hours from you..look on line for things to do in each area..
Jelly Belly's factory in Fairfield is one the best places in the area to visit..
Good luck

Old 10-07-2013, 02:44 PM

1,380 posts, read 2,398,227 times
Yosemite is closed due to gov't shutdown

Old 10-08-2013, 01:20 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelivanov View Post
Hi,

In couple days I am going to Reno, NV from Oakland, CA. On the way from Oakland I wanna stop in Sacramento. Then I'm going to South Lake Tahoe. I think I'll spend 2-3 hours there and then head to Reno.

After Reno I'll go to Silver City and then head to Yosemite. On the way to Napa I want to visit Sonora, CA.

So could anyone give an advice on such a trip? Which route I'd better take? What places to see?

Does anyone also help with sightseeing in Napa and Sonoma?

thanks
I can only assume you already left, unless you delayed your trip because Yosemite is closed.

The only thing to do in South Lake right now is gamble or see shows. The weather in Reno and Tahoe has been pretty chilly from what I've heard.

There are lots of outdoorsy things to do in Reno but I won't get into it now, since I don't know if you left already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel