Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 04:57 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,072 times

Advertisements

I have Bose headphones, over the ear type but not the noise canceling and a set of ear buds. They're great. Are they expensive? Yes but I think they're worth it.

There are Bose retail stores where you can try them out. Sam's Club also sells Bose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 12:03 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,951,681 times
I have some--QC15. Mine are in the limited edition brown/charcoal color. I think the noise canceling is great--it makes a huge difference in air travel. You can still hear the flight attendant, but it really mutes the roar of the engines. This model also comes with a nice compact case that has room for your iPod as well as spare batteries (yes--it does require batteries) I'd recommend reading the reviews on Amazon, too.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:30 PM

4,625 posts, read 4,894,804 times
General rule of thumb: Bose is crap. They are overpriced cheap units, all you have to do is take one apart to see. I've never taken their headphones apart, but their $1000 speaker units are similar in materials and components to a $50 set of speakers from a flea market.

Does he want in ear? Ear buds? Instead of the $300 QuietComfort 20, get him a pair of $250 K391 NC - AKG shop AKG K391NC
On-ear? Instead of the $350 QuietComfort 3, get him a pair of $300 K 490 NC - AKG shop AKG K490NC or the $200 Sennheiser PXC 250-II - Travel Headphones Stereo - Noise Cancellation - very Lightweight, Steel-reinforced headband Sennheiser PXC-250
Over-the-ear? Instead of the $300 QuietComfort 15, get him a pair of $350 Sennheiser PXC 450 - Noise Canceling Headphones Travel Sennheiser PXC-450

There are other headphone companies out there too - some cheaper, some a LOT more expensive . I know the AKGs and Sennheisers might or might not save you any money, but either way, you'll get a better product than the Bose.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:12 PM

256 posts, read 452,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
I have some--QC15. Mine are in the limited edition brown/charcoal color. I think the noise canceling is great--it makes a huge difference in air travel. You can still hear the flight attendant, but it really mutes the roar of the engines. This model also comes with a nice compact case that has room for your iPod as well as spare batteries (yes--it does require batteries) I'd recommend reading the reviews on Amazon, too.
I have the QC-15's as well and I only use them to fly. While they aren't cheap the noise canceling function is superb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel