Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 03:09 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times

Advertisements

^^What was wrong with Morocco? That's on my list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 03:22 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
Yep we have been to Morocco as well . No .1 it was dirty and way too dusty for me and the heat almost killed me and it has been a while ...now as far as places I want to go to Isreal , back to Italy Tuscany mainly , Not rome or Florence way to costly . I also would love to go to Switzerland and Norway .

Old 04-01-2014, 04:04 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
I am not well-traveled, but I have a few places on my list:

Mongolia
New Zealand (not Australia, where the wildlife basically all have lethal intentions, even the platypii)
Slovenia/Croatia
Ireland & England & Wales
Namibia
France (particularly the area around the Lascaux caves)
Ecuador
Belgium

I would also love to return to Italy and Scotland.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:09 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,738,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
^^What was wrong with Morocco? That's on my list.
Mainly because it was very dirty and the people there (particularly in Marrakesh) tended to be very aggressive in trying to get you to depart from your money especially in the souks/markets. Even if I was just walking thru I would constantly get pressured to buy something from people on the street (not to mention that nearly every taxi driver was trying to rip me off) and it just became a case of sensory overload.

That being said I will say that the town of Essaouira is pretty nice.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:07 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,044,051 times
I have a weird fascination with colder places. I like beach vacations too, but I feel myself turning into a blob sometimes, just laying there, sizzling. Even though I'm not a world traveler, I would love to see more northerly Canada, Norway/Sweden/Finland, Iceland, New Zealand's South Island, Australia's Tasmania, southern Chile and Argentina, and of course, Antarctica. For family historical purposes, I would also like to visit Wales and Germany.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:15 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,225,333 times
Sicily to track down original roots also Italy ala the Coliseum and ancient places like that where death was common place in those days. (don't take me wrong there)

Poland and the concentration camps that are a staple of history...

Egypt and the rich history there..

Many places, but if i see a couple in my lifetime I'll be good with that. Sicily being number one..

And mexico and the Mayan ruins..

Last edited by brienzi; 04-01-2014 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: more info

Old 04-01-2014, 06:56 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
I live here - the USA. We have two completely different oceans with their unique coastlines as well as hundreds of bays, rivers, lakes, streams and ponds to satisfy those seeking water. We have tropics, deserts, mountains, polar cap, Hawaii is the USA and there ain't much else as everyone else comes here. We have any scenery you want and some you may never think of. If you ever get bored in this country you haven't really tried hard enough.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:31 PM

615 posts, read 1,391,373 times
Have been to:
Canada (but only ON - want to see a LOT more of it)
USA (AR AZ CA [only Needles] CO FL GA IA ID [only Victor] IL IN KS KY LA MD [only that teeny west part] MI [home] MN MO MS MT NE NC ND NM NY [no further East than Rochester] OH [childhood home] OK PA SC SD TN TX UT VA WI WV and WY).

Really want to go to:
Australia
Brazil
(especially either of these two - as I was active in Astronomy until I got sick of the same old northern sky. Visiting a Southern Hemisphere country would give me a new sky to look at).
Italy
UK
Ireland
Spain
Austria
Slovenia
Mexico
Cuba

After all those, given the time and money...
Japan
China
Russia
New Zealand
Chile
Czech Republic
Croatia
France
Germany
Switzerland
Greece
Greenland

One thing for sure. If I suddenly came into money, I would be flying around for years.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:07 PM

322 posts, read 286,242 times
I would love to visit Germany, South Korea, Japan, Spain, Italy, Greece. I've been to Dubai but only at the airport, would love to actually visit there.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:41 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times
I've been to most of the countries I really wanted to visit save one trip I have planned in my head I have yet to get to. I'd like to tour Prague, Budapest, and Vienna, taking trains between the cities. Some of my family came from that part of the world and the closest I've ever come to it was Germany.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel