U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 02:38 PM

38,295 posts, read 56,099,376 times

Advertisements

Maybe for some reasons he didn't liked to sit by the window, and not interested to see the scenery either. So, why "insist"?
And why would that bother me where other people sit?
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 03:03 PM

558 posts, read 875,506 times
I actually prefer the aisle seat all the way in back next to the restrooms. I can get up periodically and stretch and the restroom is right there so I don't have to "excuse me, pardon me, excuse me". I have a flight booked in May in this seat and so far nobody has booked seats next to me, I'm hoping I'll have the seat to my left empty but highly doubtful.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:06 PM

1,474 posts, read 1,708,108 times
The man staying put when he could have moved to be more comfortable:

Such human behaviors are often compared to this:

When you trap flies in a jar for a certain amount of time, then later remove the lid, most flies tend to stay in the jar.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:34 PM

8,872 posts, read 13,601,286 times
I'm not even sure I understand this but if I want to sit in a middle seat in an empty row, it's my business.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:54 PM

2,994 posts, read 2,723,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I'm not even sure I understand this but if I want to sit in a middle seat in an empty row, it's my business.

You think like I do. LOL I can't even believe this is a thread.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:20 PM

9,324 posts, read 8,380,887 times
For about five years I was a super frequent flyer with US Airways because I was basically traveling for a living.

On one of the rare times US Air could not upgrade me to FC they kindly put me in bulkhead.

I was late getting on the flight and some guy was sitting in my seat.

I politely asked him to get out of my seat and he said to me, "Honey, go sit in my seat in the back, I'm much taller than you are".

I promptly got the Captain and they removed him.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:23 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,860,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I think you misunderstand. OP isn't talking about someone remaining the the center seat of an empty row. He's referring to a passenger remaining in the center seat with an occupied window seat and a vacated aisle seat. Most people would move to the aisle seat to allow elbow room for both themselves and the person in the window seat.

Old 04-12-2014, 01:04 PM

4,252 posts, read 2,627,503 times
Perhaps the guy in the middle seat was hoping to make the person sitting in the window seat uncomfortable with the situation, which is a bit awkward as far as normal airplane etiquette goes, and was hoping that person would get up and move, leaving the 3 seats all to himself.

Airplanes are funny places. The battle for who gets to put his arm on the arm rest is always interesting. And if the person next to you is wide shouldered with big arms and you cannot avoid body contact!?! Lots of odd interactions and social dynamics.

Old 04-12-2014, 02:33 PM

3,402 posts, read 4,464,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Its rude to say to a person to move.
I actually disagree with this and I don't care how mean it sounds. Airplane seats are the most rigidly uncomfortable and crowded things in modern transportation and I think anyone who would not move over given the opportunity is the one being an inconsiderate ***hole.

Old 04-12-2014, 02:37 PM

3,402 posts, read 4,464,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
Hard to say since I've not been on a flight that wasn't completely full since 1982.
Actually, I flew on a seriously half-empty plane from Charlotte, NC to Mexico City. Had a full row to myself. Same scenario somewhere over European air last year. I can't remember the route though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or