Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 05:20 PM

245 posts, read 197,616 times

Advertisements

Not sure if I should put this in parenting forum or here.
I can only afford one big trip this year. We do plenty of small weekend getaways but I want to go somewhere for at least a week.
Option 1: Disney world for our family of 3. My son just turned 7 last week
or
Option 2: A romantic trip to Jamaica ( or something similar ) for my husband and I.

I wouldn't think twice about going to disney land but my husband and I haven't gone anywhere together since our honeymoon.
Is it selfish to just go on a couples trip or should I just take another weekend trip for us and make the big trip Disney World?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 06:09 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky91 View Post
Not sure if I should put this in parenting forum or here.
I can only afford one big trip this year. We do plenty of small weekend getaways but I want to go somewhere for at least a week.
Option 1: Disney world for our family of 3. My son just turned 7 last week
or
Option 2: A romantic trip to Jamaica ( or something similar ) for my husband and I.

I wouldn't think twice about going to disney land but my husband and I haven't gone anywhere together since our honeymoon.
Is it selfish to just go on a couples trip or should I just take another weekend trip for us and make the big trip Disney World?
Does your son really want to go to Disney World? I don't think there's anything wrong with waiting a few more years to take him there if it'll be his first time. I was a teenager when I went for the first time. Also, you need to plan well if you're going to Disney and it shouldn't be a spur of the moment decision. Otherwise, you may encounter large crowds and be unable to do the things that you want to do.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:18 PM

247 posts, read 198,081 times
No it is not selfish to go on a couples trip.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:20 PM

245 posts, read 197,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Does your son really want to go to Disney World? I don't think there's anything wrong with waiting a few more years to take him there if it'll be his first time. I was a teenager when I went for the first time. Also, you need to plan well if you're going to Disney and it shouldn't be a spur of the moment decision. Otherwise, you may encounter large crowds and be unable to do the things that you want to do.
I was planning on going for spring break this year in april. Both my husband and son have never been to disney world.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:28 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky91 View Post
I was planning on going for spring break this year in april. Both my husband and son have never been to disney world.
Ok, I was thinking that you didn't have much time left to plan for a 2016 trip. I still think it's a trip that can wait if you'd rather go somewhere with your husband, but it's up to you. Disney can be very stressful if it's hot, crowded, and your kid is whining the whole time. Older kids whine less (hopefully) and can enjoy more rides and attractions.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:33 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,695,641 times
Do both is what we do.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:31 AM

531 posts, read 384,323 times
The couples trip sounds a lot better than taking a kid to Disney.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:48 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCan View Post
No it is not selfish to go on a couples trip.
I'm with her. Go with the couples trip!

If you can find a babysitter then go for it!!!

Old 10-25-2016, 06:32 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Do both is what we do.
Not everyone has the time or money to do both.

This is a tough call, with no wrong answer. Have fun either way.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:34 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Not everyone has the time or money to do both.

This is a tough call, with no wrong answer. Have fun either way.
This.

But just to ask the OP, was your most recent trip a couples trip or family trip? Whatever the answer is, maybe try whatever one you have not done the most recent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel