U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 03:49 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 8,713,117 times

Advertisements

Scuba Dive along the Great Barrier Reef as well as the Belize Barrier Reef.

I became an Open Water Scuba Diver in Kauai last year. It is amazing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 03:51 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 8,713,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
I have two ideas to throw out there.

- See Kauai by helicopter. I don't think I've seen anywhere so beautiful, especially viewing the Na Pali Coast by air.
The Na Pali Coast is one of the most beautiful sites I have ever seen. I did it by sea. By air would be interesting as well.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:42 PM

6,345 posts, read 5,079,035 times
Quote:
There's past threads on this topic but they haven't been recent, so I wanted to start a new one. I am OBSESSED with traveling and have been that way since a child, and I'm now 25.

My favorite places I've been to have probably been Kauai, Maui, Tulum in Mexico, and St. Thomas.

Now as far as my bucket list, it's huge. To just name a few places I want to see/do........

- Dogsled in Alaska
- See the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Go on an African Safari
- See the Amazon Rainforest
- Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef
- Visit the ruins of Pompeii

Care to share yours? Maybe I can add to my list.
Antarctica!

Old 04-25-2014, 08:52 PM

2,702 posts, read 3,751,223 times
Quote:
Have you met any famous actors/actresses?
Yes I have met (and these might be considered famous or not depending on your view) and in no particular order..... Annette Benning, Burt Reynolds, Sandra Bullock, William Shatner, Ernie Hudson, Kurt Russell, John Leguizamo, Steven Seagal, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Rob Schneider, Michael Caine, Drew Carey, Jim Belushi, Dan Akroyd, Kevin Costner, Rob Lowe, Halle Berry, All the crew (Vin Diesel et al) from the Fast and Furious movies, and hand a drink with the crew (George Clooney et al) from the Oceans movies....

There are others I can't think of right now... And other celebs from when I worked security for sporting events, movie shoots, concerts, etc...

My wife worked security also and played poker backstage with Blink 182 and shot the **** with Gwen Stefani.....

My oldest son also worked security and was Mick Jagger's sons personal guard while they had a concert at Hollywood Bowl....

I worked security for the Stones concert at Angels Stadium and met all of them..... Have hung with Alice Cooper waaay back when.... Also worked OZZ Fest a few times and hung with Ozzie and Sharon......

Old 04-26-2014, 04:09 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,065,639 times
^ Oh wow SoCal! We actually get some pretty good celebrity sightings and even shows that are filmed where I live for it not being a major town.

Reckless (a new show that I believe will be on CBS) debuts this year, Army Wives, and Southern Charm were/are all filmed here in Charleston. Just the other Friday, Will Smith was in town. I would have loved to meet him.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:36 PM

4,775 posts, read 3,204,387 times
Last year I got to cross off the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, CA. My husband really didn't want to go to it but I kept telling him it is on my bucket list so we went. Man, it was EXPENSIVE. But, glad I did it because I will probably never do it again.

I would love to go to England, Scotland, Ireland, & Norway but not sure if I will ever do that.

Cat

Old 04-27-2014, 06:18 AM

32,127 posts, read 33,037,268 times
I would like to visit Belgium, Hungary, Lithuania and Belarus to see where some of my ancestors came from.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:57 AM

5,142 posts, read 11,485,492 times
China
Hong Kong
Thailand
London
Paris
Italy
River Cruise to see Eastern Europe
New York City extensive
Boston extensive
Yosemite National Park

Old 04-27-2014, 05:31 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,356,272 times
To die in my sleep. I've done everything else I've ever wanted to do.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:31 PM

2,702 posts, read 3,751,223 times
Quote:
^ Oh wow SoCal! We actually get some pretty good celebrity sightings and even shows that are filmed where I live for it not being a major town.

Reckless (a new show that I believe will be on CBS) debuts this year, Army Wives, and Southern Charm were/are all filmed here in Charleston. Just the other Friday, Will Smith was in town. I would have loved to meet him.
Will Smith is cool.. Not a Jada fan at all.... Love all the women in Army Wives (and wish they had not taken it off the air)...... Have not been to Charleston except when I was very very little.. The wife and I are looking to make a trip there within the near future....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel