U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 11:25 AM

398 posts, read 571,249 times

Advertisements

i refuse to fly us airways though, too many bad experiences :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 11:34 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,832,169 times
Wait. You don't even know if you have to leave the airport for a connecting flight, but now you're going to claim that you've had "too many bad experiences" on US Airways? Not buying it.

You could fly cheaper non-stop, but you just want to be right. You're not. Whatever.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:40 AM

LOL at the people getting so angry and mad on a damn forum. yeah, "whatever". you do know us airways is one of the airlines with the ****tiest customer service right? just because you would fly that airline doesn't mean i have to gladly so. i haven't flown the airline myself but people in my family has- and i'm the one that has to call into them if there's a problem because my mom doesn't speak english so i have to deal with their ****ty customer reps myself and i vow to never pay a damn penny to them.
my prefer airline of choice would be jetblue, who doesn't have any flights that day, and virgin america, which doesn't even fly out from clt.

funny that one question automatically makes me a "dumbass" in your eyes.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:43 AM

9,126 posts, read 17,129,667 times
Are you planning to get a car?

You might want to check out other cites: GSP (Greenville-Spartanburg) RDU Raleigh/Durham, Maybe CHS Charleston. Greensboro Asheville .... Sometimes a 2/3 hr drive to/from a different airport will make a big difference.

Few years ago i needed to go from ATL to NewBern NC, Delta wanted something like $600/RT non/stop (2 day notice / Last Minute) . Other airlines with connection (in like chicago, Dallas etc) wanted $500/RT. Wound up flying to Raleigh on airtran for $200/RT NonStop from ATL. Was getting a Rental Car anyway, and had the time to kill.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:45 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,832,169 times
Newsflash ... they all have ****ty customer service. You're not getting any prize with Delta.

I never called you a dumbass. Your words.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:51 AM

LOL.. just because i mentioned delta in my first post doesn't mean i went with it. i did say i decided flying into a diff city than atl afterwards.

all have ****ty customer service? oh, boo hoo, i'm sorry you had to experience that because i can beg to differ.

no need to call me something for me to not get what you're insinutating

Old 04-29-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Are you planning to get a car?

You might want to check out other cites: GSP (Greenville-Spartanburg) RDU Raleigh/Durham, Maybe CHS Charleston. Greensboro Asheville .... Sometimes a 2/3 hr drive to/from a different airport will make a big difference.

Few years ago i needed to go from ATL to NewBern NC, Delta wanted something like $600/RT non/stop (2 day notice / Last Minute) . Other airlines with connection (in like chicago, Dallas etc) wanted $500/RT. Wound up flying to Raleigh on airtran for $200/RT NonStop from ATL. Was getting a Rental Car anyway, and had the time to kill.
No car for me but i will look into it

Old 04-29-2014, 12:15 PM

14,258 posts, read 23,979,216 times
OP - you ask people on a message board for help and want to argue with anyone who posts any ideas that are different from yours. And nearly everybody whp has posted has more experience tahn you do.

If you are so darned knowledgeable, why are you on a message board looking for help?

Old 04-29-2014, 12:31 PM

since when was i arguing? i never said anything about other people being right or wrong LOL. i just said i refuse to fly us airways, did i say the price for round trip is this or that?

give me a break-- everyone is saying that it's bad and risky i book the multi-city- i get that. so instead, i booked a different multi city but into a city that my friend lives, figured i'd go visit him while i'm on my way to vacay.

wait wait, did I do something wrong there too?! Oh no!

Old 04-29-2014, 12:48 PM

38,129 posts, read 14,894,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
OP - you ask people on a message board for help and want to argue with anyone who posts any ideas that are different from yours. And nearly everybody whp has posted has more experience tahn you do.

If you are so darned knowledgeable, why are you on a message board looking for help?
My thoughts exactly.

OP says he's paying $300+/night for an regular room in Las Vegas and wants to know if he has to go through security if he flies in and out of Atlanta on two separate tickets.

I'm thinking he hasn't traveled much.

Insists he has to pay $800 for a ticket to get the times he wants and responds to every suggestion with a variation on this-won't-work-for-me.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 04-29-2014 at 01:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or