U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-29-2014, 01:29 PM
 
9,856 posts, read 10,104,608 times
Reputation: 5275

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
You might want to check out other cites: GSP (Greenville-Spartanburg)
It is much more painful, but it will save you money.

$529.49 Total cost
Leave Wed, Jun 18 7:10 AM Greenville GSP 12:16 PM Las Vegas LAS 1 stop 8hr 6min
Delta Air Lines 976 / 1402
Return Tue, Jun 24 3:05 PM Las Vegas LAS 11:43 PM Greenville GSP 1 stop 5hr 38min
Delta Air Lines 2202 / 3283
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2014, 01:56 PM
 
398 posts, read 570,930 times
Reputation: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
My thoughts exactly.

OP says he's paying $300+/night for an regular room in Las Vegas and wants to know if he has to go through security if he flies in and out of Atlanta on two separate tickets.

I'm thinking he hasn't traveled much.

Insists he has to pay $800 for a ticket to get the times he wants and responds to every suggestion with a variation on this-won't-work-for-me.
blah blah blah. sorry you care so much

Try finding 2 rooms with 2 queen beds in Vegas Strip for those dates for less than $2,000, especially ones that has the shuttle picking you up straight to the music festival.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2014, 02:01 PM
 
Location: MMU->ABE->ATL->ASH
9,123 posts, read 17,121,718 times
Reputation: 9974
Did you check Southwest $520/RT using your above times/dates from LAS => CLT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2014, 02:12 PM
 
38,085 posts, read 14,878,695 times
Reputation: 24522
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Uni View Post
blah blah blah. sorry you care so much

Try finding 2 rooms with 2 queen beds in Vegas Strip for those dates for less than $2,000, especially ones that has the shuttle picking you up straight to the music festival.
I realize this won't work for you, but there are cabs in Las Vegas, you know.

I see that you have just registered on C-D. Word to wise (though, of course, this won't work for you), snotty comments like >>blah blah blah. sorry you care so much<< are rarely viewed as witty.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 04-29-2014 at 02:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2014, 02:24 PM
 
5,574 posts, read 5,830,046 times
Reputation: 16489
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
My thoughts exactly.

OP says he's paying $300+/night for an regular room in Las Vegas and wants to know if he has to go through security if he flies in and out of Atlanta on two separate tickets.

I'm thinking he hasn't traveled much.

Insists he has to pay $800 for a ticket to get the times he wants and responds to every suggestion with a variation on this-won't-work-for-me.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought this whole thing was crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2014, 02:46 PM
 
38,085 posts, read 14,878,695 times
Reputation: 24522
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who thought this whole thing was crazy.
You're not. Who pays $300 a night for a regular room in Las Vegas?

The Electric Daisy Carnival is being held at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Looks like quite the party. In addition to electronic music there are "a menagerie of performers," clowns, and "freaks," and so forth.

According to Googlemaps, there are about a dozen hotels within 5 miles. A quick check of the Holiday Inn Express turns up two queens for under $175. 3 rooms still available.

Of course, then you have to add on twenty bucks for the cab ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2014, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Niceville, FL
7,678 posts, read 16,089,040 times
Reputation: 7694
As someone who just sat on the runway in ATL for 53 minutes due to irregular operations on Delta's part, I'd give myself a minimum of a 2 hour connection time there. Beyond that, it's doable if slightly risky. Delta should be willing to check any baggage through to your final destination. And if it's looking like there will be an IRROPS or weather problem on your origination flight, whip out the cell phone as you're parked at gate or on tarmac and call Delta customer service and see if they can get you onto a later flight to your final destination; you may end up paying more as a penalty for changing the flight or because the new flight is in a different fare class, but Delta, like many airlines has an unofficial 'flat tire rule' that gives customer service representatives a fair amount of leeway to get you onto the next available flight and not cancel the other half of your ticket if you're going to miss a flight through no fault of your own.

ATL is a huge place, but very logically laid out. The in flight magazine has terminal maps in the back pages to help get you ready to figure out where to go next. And as long as you're on the plane side of the TSA security corral, you can go to any terminal area. If I've got a long layover for domestic flights, I prefer to go hang out in the E&F international terminals because it's nicer, less crowded, has better food, and IIRC, the internet is free near the E terminal food court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2014, 03:41 PM
 
398 posts, read 570,930 times
Reputation: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Did you check Southwest $520/RT using your above times/dates from LAS => CLT
thanks i will look into it! i'm hoping they have the time i *leave* charlotte that i want, that's the most important.

edit: where do you see that? 19-23 cheapest is $819 lol.. and that is the cheapest fare with odd times that won't work with me anyways :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I realize this won't work for you, but there are cabs in Las Vegas, you know.

I see that you have just registered on C-D. Word to wise (though, of course, this won't work for you), snotty comments like >>blah blah blah. sorry you care so much<< are rarely viewed as witty.
yes, i care so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You're not. Who pays $300 a night for a regular room in Las Vegas?

The Electric Daisy Carnival is being held at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Looks like quite the party. In addition to electronic music there are "a menagerie of performers," clowns, and "freaks," and so forth.

According to Googlemaps, there are about a dozen hotels within 5 miles. A quick check of the Holiday Inn Express turns up two queens for under $175. 3 rooms still available.

Of course, then you have to add on twenty bucks for the cab ride.
obviously the ones outside the strip will be cheaper and i knew you were going to bring that up. that's why i added in specifically a hotel on the strip + one where the shuttle picks us up. thanks but no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
As someone who just sat on the runway in ATL for 53 minutes due to irregular operations on Delta's part, I'd give myself a minimum of a 2 hour connection time there. Beyond that, it's doable if slightly risky. Delta should be willing to check any baggage through to your final destination. And if it's looking like there will be an IRROPS or weather problem on your origination flight, whip out the cell phone as you're parked at gate or on tarmac and call Delta customer service and see if they can get you onto a later flight to your final destination; you may end up paying more as a penalty for changing the flight or because the new flight is in a different fare class, but Delta, like many airlines has an unofficial 'flat tire rule' that gives customer service representatives a fair amount of leeway to get you onto the next available flight and not cancel the other half of your ticket if you're going to miss a flight through no fault of your own.

ATL is a huge place, but very logically laid out. The in flight magazine has terminal maps in the back pages to help get you ready to figure out where to go next. And as long as you're on the plane side of the TSA security corral, you can go to any terminal area. If I've got a long layover for domestic flights, I prefer to go hang out in the E&F international terminals because it's nicer, less crowded, has better food, and IIRC, the internet is free near the E terminal food court.
thank you for the info! But I'm no longer flying into Atl I'll save it for next time haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2014, 03:57 PM
 
38,085 posts, read 14,878,695 times
Reputation: 24522
So none of the suggestions will work for one reason or another and you are no longer flying through Atlanta.

Well, good luck.

Bon Voyage!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2014, 04:18 PM
 
2,591 posts, read 5,282,908 times
Reputation: 5188
> Airport help?

I'm completely sure that no one here can help the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top