U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 01:37 PM

398 posts, read 572,037 times

Advertisements

Omg I thought I was the only weird one. I LOVEEEEE AIRPORTS! Just a good feeling to be there. Of course, all the times I go to the airport is to go for business/vacation. I'm sure if someone flying due to negative circumstances (like visiting a dying family member) I'm sure they can't wait to GTFO. :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 02:11 PM

3,402 posts, read 4,448,583 times
Depends on the airport and how much time I have between flights. If I'm only a couple of hours early, then it's nice to walk around, have a snack, and people-watch. I like to be among the last on the plane as I hate sitting. If I'm paranoid about making a particular flight (I live hours outside the nearest international airport), then I show up really early and mostly try to sleep in uncomfortable positions to pass the time.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:12 PM

3,402 posts, read 4,448,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Pretty broad statement. I watch the planes all the time at YVR. In fact they even have a special viewing platforms, one indoors, and one outdoors.

YVR > Our Blog > Spring Break Activities that don
True, but this is also literally out of ~30 airports I've been to that has a platform like that. That I've noticed anyways.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:42 AM

223 posts, read 264,242 times
I dread going to airports, no matter how nice it is. I find it so stressful. I would love to travel more overseas but I really hate flying

Old 06-03-2014, 10:05 PM

7,653 posts, read 15,342,391 times
Yes, I do!

Taking pictures, listening to the scanner (in domestic airports with earphones on!), exploring, etc.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:10 PM

163 posts, read 196,597 times
Why would I enjoy paying $3 for a bottle of water and $9 for a slice of pizza? Airport businesses exploit their "trapped" customer base to mercilessly gouge their eyes out. Combine this with the headache inducing artificial light, recycled air, and excessive security and it's easy to see why I detest airports. They are merely a necessary ordeal one must endure to get where they're going.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:30 PM

8,258 posts, read 11,121,603 times
I HATE airports along with most other aspects of flying in the new age of Airline Greed in which every plane is stuffed to the gills.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:12 PM

3,280 posts, read 3,836,225 times
While I don't much care for most people in the airport, what goes on outside it is fascinating to watch. Watching all of the different types of planes taxing, taking off landing, being refueled, etc is pretty cool and an experience not found anywhere else.

I recently discovered that MSP airport has an observation deck. Cool place.

Old 06-05-2014, 05:22 PM

3,438 posts, read 4,734,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
This is probably weird to some people, but I love the airport. Sure there are some things that we all hate like long waits in security lines, security in general(although it keeps us safe), waiting for baggage, the large crowds, and the occasional rude airport employee. But there's something about it that I really like- I love to travel and I think the excitement of going somewhere else sets in. I also love that in a sense its a "gateway to the world." There are many different destinations, and even if I'm not going to an exotic place, its still cool to know that you are just a flight away and that there are people there who are going to that particular place. I love seeing different people from around the world in one place. I also love watching the planes take off and land outside of the big window while waiting for my own flight.

What are your thoughts? Anybody else love the airport?
Always have...........always will.

Old 06-07-2014, 03:30 PM

10,234 posts, read 13,989,816 times
I loved airports back in the 80's. They were a lot less crowded and people dressed differently, and it was more interesting to sit back and watch. It just wasn't the stressful Hell Hole that it can be now. Things started to change in the 90's, and all of the cool shops added to some airports does not make up for it. I hate them with a passion now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel