Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 08:30 AM

162 posts, read 153,667 times

Advertisements

As the topic suggests, anyone have any good ideas of where a guy in his mid 20's might want to travel this summer?
The last time I was on here I ended up going to London for Spring Break (like 3 weeks ago actually).

That was my first time out of the country and I had a great time there! Food was abysmal though. I'm traveling from NYC.
My travel dates are from August 19th-September 1st or 2nd. I was originally thinking of Japan but I failed in planning ahead of time (yet again) and tickets (round-trip, nonstop) are basically $2,000.

While it's not out of my price range, I don't have enough travel experience to deduce whether or not that's too much for a plane ticket to Japan. It seems like a lot and I don't want to pay that much.
Therefore, I'm thinking of going elsewhere. I'd like to spend no more than $1300 on airfare. Thoughts/suggestions/advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 11:51 AM

327 posts, read 568,637 times
$2,000 is high, but that's August, the high season almost everywhere.
So what kind of stuff do you like to do?: beach, mountains, big cities, adventure, off-the beaten-path etc.
And don't forget the U.S.A., really some of the most fantastic travel experiences can be found right here at home.

Old 05-10-2014, 01:01 PM

Thanks for the reply! I don't like to do much other than relax. I like to shop and relax, eat good food and hang out where there's good weather and chat up with friendly people who like to make conversation. I play a lot of video games in my free time. Perhaps that gives you a better idea?

Old 05-11-2014, 06:06 AM

43,619 posts, read 44,346,965 times
How about Tel Aviv in Israel?

Tel Aviv holiday review by Mirror Travel - Mirror Online

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/tr...fering-2950067

Old 05-11-2014, 06:24 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,503,896 times
Are you into all - inclusive resorts in the Caribbean or Mexico? You can check out those.

I've been to the Fiesta Americana brand in Cancun and will be going to Now Jade in Riviera Maya next month. FA was fantastic and I hear great things about Now Jade.

Also, check out Groupon for travel deals for all over the place

Old 05-11-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
Are you into all - inclusive resorts in the Caribbean or Mexico? You can check out those.

I've been to the Fiesta Americana brand in Cancun and will be going to Now Jade in Riviera Maya next month. FA was fantastic and I hear great things about Now Jade.

Also, check out Groupon for travel deals for all over the place
Thanks! I haven't been to an all inclusive resort period. The Caribbean or Mexico sounds interesting. Have you ever used a groupon before? Did it all work out? It might be helpful to reveal that I'll be traveling alone.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:28 AM

Seems fun but I don't think I'd fit in over there. I'd definitely be outta place.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:56 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,503,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebird- View Post
Thanks! I haven't been to an all inclusive resort period. The Caribbean or Mexico sounds interesting. Have you ever used a groupon before? Did it all work out? It might be helpful to reveal that I'll be traveling alone.
I've used groupon many times for deals and never had an issue. I've never used it for traveling though, but some deals are with name brand resorts/hotels.

I'll also say I enjoyed the islands of St. Thomas and St. Lucia. Whenever I go to island resorts, I tend to just stay on the property and maybe do one or two excursions.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:58 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebird- View Post
As the topic suggests, anyone have any good ideas of where a guy in his mid 20's might want to travel this summer?
The last time I was on here I ended up going to London for Spring Break (like 3 weeks ago actually).

That was my first time out of the country and I had a great time there! Food was abysmal though. I'm traveling from NYC.
My travel dates are from August 19th-September 1st or 2nd. I was originally thinking of Japan but I failed in planning ahead of time (yet again) and tickets (round-trip, nonstop) are basically $2,000.

While it's not out of my price range, I don't have enough travel experience to deduce whether or not that's too much for a plane ticket to Japan. It seems like a lot and I don't want to pay that much.
Therefore, I'm thinking of going elsewhere. I'd like to spend no more than $1300 on airfare. Thoughts/suggestions/advice?
You could forego the airfare and do a fun road trip instead. Head out west.

Old 05-11-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
I've used groupon many times for deals and never had an issue. I've never used it for traveling though, but some deals are with name brand resorts/hotels.

I'll also say I enjoyed the islands of St. Thomas and St. Lucia. Whenever I go to island resorts, I tend to just stay on the property and maybe do one or two excursions.
I'm the kind of person that would do the exact same thing. So the island resorts sound like a sure-go. Where can I purchase tickets or check out these deals other than groupon? I'm gonna see what's available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel