U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 08:03 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,061,781 times

Advertisements

A week in Puerto Morelos, Mexico one month from now. It's a family reunion too which makes it more exciting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 07:25 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,565,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
My trip starts mid-late Sept, so technically it starts in summer. We will be gone a month and we are going to Copenhagen-Berlin-Paris-Florence-Rome- Venice . We are trying to decide if we want to stop in Switzerland for a night of 2, or if we should go straight on to Tuscany/Florence.
I would definitely stop for a couple of nights.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:03 AM

6,475 posts, read 6,181,299 times
All my plans have already fallen through. Had plans for South Korea, Costa Rica, and Chile.

School now takes priority.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:10 PM

6,461 posts, read 6,475,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd393 View Post
Banff, AB, Icefields parkway
Johnston canyon is a great short hike and the falls are beautiful. The ice cream shop before the trail is great and the little restaurant is pretty good. Very picturesque.

Also, lake Louise is very pretty.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:49 PM

13,382 posts, read 40,906,509 times
Visiting our kids, who live across the Atlantic.
Paris and environs, then Istanbul/Turkey. Three weeks, mid-June into July.
I like off-season travel, but as a teacher, my longer trips have to be during the summer months.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:03 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,786,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
i'll be flying to the out islands of the Bahamas (50 to 200 miles from Nassau, but a whole world away) and renting a boat to explore the many uninhabited islands and sandbars that are nearby----places that the vast majority of people on this forum have never even heard of such as Conception Island, Plana Cays, Samana Cay (Columbus first landed here!), Rum Cay, Mayaguana, etc!! If I see a single other person on these beaches, i consider it a crown and will move on!! haha!

What is unusual about this trip is that I will literally be getting from my front door to all these places totally under my own power (meaning I'm the one solely responsible for every segment of transportation) since I will be flying myself in a single engine Cessna and then taking the boat without a guide to all thees places.

I am literally like an 8 yr old kid counting down the days to Christmas--thats how excited I am. Although about 30% of me is nervous taking a small boat out alone to all these place, the other 70% of me is excited as hell!!!

Granted I am well prepared w/ a Sat phone, and a ton of survival equip for an emergency. I just need to pick and choose my days wisely with the weather.

On the other hand, I could NEVER be in a herd mindset and hop on an airline flight to a 5 star resort in the tropics and just lay on the beach full of hundreds of other travelers. Anyone can do that!!
I hope you have good weather. Years ago there was a company renting houseboats on Exuma. We rented one for a week and ended up last 3 days in a hotel due to hurricane forecast. It missed the island but they wanted to be safe and get their boats out of the water.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:31 PM

11,881 posts, read 10,377,878 times
Renting a house on the Jersey shore with some of my siblings for the week of July 4th, New Orleans bachelor party for a few days at the beginning of August, Cape Cod with family in August.

Nothing else is planned yet but I would like to also go to Denver or Seattle and do another roadtrip-possibly The Outerbanks again.

Old 05-29-2014, 06:01 AM

17,370 posts, read 21,213,499 times
This summer? More of my Fly and discover cities by public bus! Oscar Wilde: Simple Pleasures Are The Last Refuge Of The Complex!

My foreign travels are over with! Now? Fly to cities closer to home, and bypass car driving, and see the cities by bus! I've earned it: let someone else do the driving!

6/10-6/11: Fly to Ontario, CA, bus around the Eastern side of L.A., stay in Asuza for the nite. Take the earliest morning flight on the 10th, take latest flight back on the 11th!

Old 05-29-2014, 10:36 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,366,336 times
Heading to Long Beach Island, NJ for an extended weekend on 4th of July for a wedding... then at the end of July we go down to Myrtle Beach, SC for a week.

Cant wait... it'll be here in no-time!

Old 05-29-2014, 10:53 AM

398 posts, read 570,930 times
Las vegas and NYC trip. Trying to figure out where to go for my birthday in August.. kinda want to check out Vancouver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel