U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 08:07 PM

533 posts, read 471,116 times

Advertisements

MY girlfriend and I are leaving in 13 days to go on a three week road trip! Passing through the Badlands and visiting Mt Rushmore and Devil's Tower. Then on through the Beartooth Highway to Yellowstone and the Tetons, camping for 11 days outside the West gate. Then visiting Craters of the Moon and some other sites in Idaho, then down to Arches and the Grand Canyon to meet up with my sister for a day. Then a long haul back to Chicagoland!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 11:23 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,305,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
I hope you have good weather. Years ago there was a company renting houseboats on Exuma. We rented one for a week and ended up last 3 days in a hotel due to hurricane forecast. It missed the island but they wanted to be safe and get their boats out of the water.
I think I remember that company, but they have since long gone under. Do you remember the name?

Luckily, I am not to concerned about the weather since I can just fly 1 or 2 hours to another island if it looks bad where I am, and if its bad everywhere, no big deal---I can just stay an extra 3 days or whatever.

My tenative plan is to just get up around 6:30, check the satellite imagery, and then fly to wherever it looks the sunniest.

Mid-late July is the very beginning of the 'Cane season, but climatology shows that activity doesnt appreciably pick up until after the 2nd week of August.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:14 PM

4,760 posts, read 3,188,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
MY girlfriend and I are leaving in 13 days to go on a three week road trip! Passing through the Badlands and visiting Mt Rushmore and Devil's Tower. Then on through the Beartooth Highway to Yellowstone and the Tetons, camping for 11 days outside the West gate. Then visiting Craters of the Moon and some other sites in Idaho, then down to Arches and the Grand Canyon to meet up with my sister for a day. Then a long haul back to Chicagoland!

We did a lot of that last year. We were supposed to go to Yosemite but that was burning so we didn't go there. And when we got to Arches, it was flooding so we didn't go there but we went to Mesa Verdi instead. We were gone for 6 weeks. Oh well, our next trip out west we will hit those places.

This year we are planning to travel around New England.

Cat

Old 05-30-2014, 05:27 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,420,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I would definitely stop for a couple of nights.
It looks like we will spend 2 days in Geneva before going on to Florence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel