U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 07:39 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,577,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
It's not exactly the same topic, but I have a question here : I acknowledge I have oversensitive eyes (I'm easily blinded by light, so much so that I only have thick lampshades at home), and I have tried to look longer than five minutes through a plane window while flying and I have been blinded by the light which is quite strong at 4000 or 5000 feet...I wonder how this guy manages to look without sunglasses through the airplane windows during the whole flight? he must have pretty good eyes...
Depends on what side of the plane the sun is hitting. If you are on the shaded side, no big deal.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:50 AM

21,318 posts, read 21,877,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
It's not exactly the same topic, but I have a question here : I acknowledge I have oversensitive eyes (I'm easily blinded by light, so much so that I only have thick lampshades at home), and I have tried to look longer than five minutes through a plane window while flying and I have been blinded by the light which is quite strong at 4000 or 5000 feet...I wonder how this guy manages to look without sunglasses through the airplane windows during the whole flight? he must have pretty good eyes...
makes me wonder how anyone could possibly manage to function in a city like Denver, what with being blinded by the light and all

Old 06-04-2014, 07:54 AM

2,017 posts, read 4,966,571 times
I think the answer is clear. Next time I Am Retired Now should pony up the cash to first class where he will get a lay flight seat, complete with blanket, Pajamas, ear plugs, pillow, eye mask and a darkened cubicle.

If he can't afford that price-- then perhaps he should stay home since life is too miserable with others who may infringe upon his happiness.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:58 AM

16,720 posts, read 14,688,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Again:

The problem was not that he had his window shade up but that he opened and closed it about every fifteen minutes to look out at water for the four hours EVERYONE else's was closed.

I was not the only person who complained.

Everytime he opened his shade the people around him were woken and groaned in disgust.

The Flight Attendant told him to close it as a courtesy to the other passengers, he ignored her.

Oh. Well.

Get. Over. It.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or