U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2014, 01:14 PM

218 posts, read 343,330 times

Advertisements

Hey All, I'm not sure if this belongs in the travel section but I'm planning a trip around Europe, and as I am toying with various itineraries, I've noticed that most European cities do not offer direct flights to any airport in Croatia. Most require a long layover in another city. Since this is a 3 week trip, I want to reduce time spent in airports and only book direct flights.

Is there anywhere I can view which airlines and flight paths offer direct service to the county?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 01:46 PM

9,123 posts, read 17,129,667 times
Me <========Main Airport

Show all the flights in/out. Quick look show a Flight from most of the major hub in Europe

London, Paris, Frankfurt, Zurich, Rome ... About 1/2 look like code share flights, but still go there.

All Airlines if they can not fill the plane to 80-90% between two markets, most of time, they run you thru one of there hub cities to fill the planes up.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:00 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,932,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityScape0322 View Post
Hey All, I'm not sure if this belongs in the travel section but I'm planning a trip around Europe, and as I am toying with various itineraries, I've noticed that most European cities do not offer direct flights to any airport in Croatia. Most require a long layover in another city. Since this is a 3 week trip, I want to reduce time spent in airports and only book direct flights.

Is there anywhere I can view which airlines and flight paths offer direct service to the county?
I've been looking for a similar comprehensive tool (list of which airlines fly direct to any chosen airport) to no avail. The closest I have found is to use Skyscanner, use a whole country as the origin airport, a specific destination airport, and "whole year" for the dates. For example for anywhere in Germany to Dubrovnik:

Cheap flights from Germany to Dubrovnik at Skyscanner

Then you can click on any of the origin airports and see the prices for all days within a given month.

You'll find direct flights to Croatia from many airports in Europe, but you will need to plan carefully -- there may only be a weekly flight, or 3 times a week type of thing. Keep in mind the Croatian/Dalmatian coast is a big tourist destination so you are more likely to find flights from big population centers that are not necessarily tourist hotspots. For example Germany-Dubrovnik returns 10+ origin airports from Germany but Spain-Dubrovnik only returns Barcelona. I would check a few countries with Split, Dubrovnik and Zagreb as destinations and plan from there.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:28 AM

35,324 posts, read 25,151,966 times
Have you tried this?

OpenFlights.org: Flight logging, mapping, stats and sharing

You should be able to tell direct flights from specific airports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or