U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2014, 03:12 AM

11,240 posts, read 7,510,000 times

Advertisements

I just heard of this site, and being desperate to get out of this place, I took a look.

Take a look at the third on the list, just 181 for 14 nights! Hope this link works!

Compare Hotels - Best Hotel Deals Guaranteed | HotelsCombined

Any explanations for why this is so cheap?

I won't be going off and booking this, so feel free to say what you want.

Do you have any other interesting offers to offer?

If I'm to be going this cheap, I'll have to get a flight where I go in the cargo hold.

Last edited by BECLAZONE; 06-15-2014 at 03:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 04:59 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,595,142 times
Bedbugs!! The Continental Plaza is a disgrace.

The B resort just reopened after a huge renovation and would be a great value for that price.

The Days Inn Florida Mall is a welfare hotel and no where near any of the resorts.

The Airport Hyatt Regency is in the airport--not sure why anyone would stay there for 14 days.

My God these sites rake the gullible over the coals.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:09 AM

14,260 posts, read 23,991,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I just heard of this site, and being desperate to get out of this place, I took a look.

Take a look at the third on the list, just 181 for 14 nights! Hope this link works!

Sometimes, some of the rates that you see online are in error. For example, about ten years ago, I was looking for a hotel in Downtown Omaha. The rate that came up was $9/ night. I booked the room and the rate was honored. The actual rate should have been $109.

I read through the reviews and it looks like a hotel really in need of a renovation.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Sometimes, some of the rates that you see online are in error. For example, about ten years ago, I was looking for a hotel in Downtown Omaha. The rate that came up was $9/ night. I booked the room and the rate was honored. The actual rate should have been $109.

I read through the reviews and it looks like a hotel really in need of a renovation.
Renovation wouldn't help that monstrosity. I needs to be torn down. It is not salvageable as is, for any amount of money. I believe that they also have significant mold problems. I wouldn't stay there if it were free.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:57 AM

11,240 posts, read 7,510,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Bedbugs!! The Continental Plaza is a disgrace.

The B resort just reopened after a huge renovation and would be a great value for that price.

The Days Inn Florida Mall is a welfare hotel and no where near any of the resorts.

The Airport Hyatt Regency is in the airport--not sure why anyone would stay there for 14 days.

My God these sites rake the gullible over the coals.
Thank you for those snippets of advice, all good advice.

That site also has a little popup that appears, to try and encourage you. It tells you how many people have booked in the last week, and how long ago the last booking was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post

I did a little look around, and that particular hotel has offers on other sites, for as little as 8pppn.
It sounds like you got a good deal though.

It actually says that it has recently been refurbished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Renovation wouldn't help that monstrosity. I needs to be torn down. It is not salvageable as is, for any amount of money. I believe that they also have significant mold problems. I wouldn't stay there if it were free.
I'd thought it must be rough, or in a rough area. I couldn't see that any hotel could even cover costs with those prices.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:52 AM

71,957 posts, read 83,625,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Thank you for those snippets of advice, all good advice.

That site also has a little popup that appears, to try and encourage you. It tells you how many people have booked in the last week, and how long ago the last booking was.

I did a little look around, and that particular hotel has offers on other sites, for as little as 8pppn.
It sounds like you got a good deal though.

It actually says that it has recently been refurbished.

I'd thought it must be rough, or in a rough area. I couldn't see that any hotel could even cover costs with those prices.
let's just say, based on personal experience: if it is too good to be true" isn't t true. This certainly doesn't mean you have to spend top $ for a hotel and what you want from the experience should influence your choice. If you are just on a driving trip and need a place to sleep for the night, there is nothing wrong with the basic mid priced chains. If you are going to call the hotel you home away from home for days, you might want to spend a little more.

Yes, that pop up bothers me a little: x number have booked this hotel in the past few hours or days. A lot of websites are using this as a come on.

The best advise, depend on word of mouth and/or reviews at sites like Tripadvisor. Even then, don't take every review to heart. Some are come ons, some are based on one bad experience and some are set ups to make you think the place is better than it is, but you can get an overall idea.

Now, as for the subject of bedbugs, yuk:: but remember they can be found in top of the line resorts as well as hotels you rent by the hour. They are usually brought in in guests luggage.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
let's just say, based on personal experience: if it is too good to be true" isn't t true. This certainly doesn't mean you have to spend top $ for a hotel and what you want from the experience should influence your choice. If you are just on a driving trip and need a place to sleep for the night, there is nothing wrong with the basic mid priced chains. If you are going to call the hotel you home away from home for days, you might want to spend a little more.

Yes, that pop up bothers me a little: x number have booked this hotel in the past few hours or days. A lot of websites are using this as a come on.

The best advise, depend on word of mouth and/or reviews at sites like Tripadvisor. Even then, don't take every review to heart. Some are come ons, some are based on one bad experience and some are set ups to make you think the place is better than it is, but you can get an overall idea.

Now, as for the subject of bedbugs, yuk:: but remember they can be found in top of the line resorts as well as hotels you rent by the hour. They are usually brought in in guests luggage.
So true! Some travelers would run into traffic to get a dollar bill in the road.

Here are recent complaints and inspections by the Department of Health: https://www.myfloridalicense.com/ins...?licid=3239514
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel