U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 01:48 PM

3,313 posts, read 4,305,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I was replying to a post that was talking about 3-4 year olds. I agree, kids under 18 months or so can be tough. Once they hit three they are developed enough to understand inside voices and how to behave.
well, it wasn't clear what kids age are we talking about here. seems like parents supposed to shut up their kids no matter how old they are... I've been on each side of this fence and cannot stand when people talk the way you did - you hate screaming kids? get a private jet or get over it... Many people are driving me nuts on the plain - people from India who don't know that showers exist on this planet, or fat people who take half of my sit - so what? I learned to deal with it so other people annoyed by young kids should do the same.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:48 PM

14,171 posts, read 6,415,927 times
^^^^Not to start a fight but it's kind of arrogant to bring a kid on a flying tube & having the rest of the passengers held hostage by its crying. It's almost as if you expect everyone else to deal with your kids behavior & they shouldn't be annoyed by that? Sorry but kids are annoying.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:52 PM

9,743 posts, read 7,022,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by builder24car View Post
If it had been my kid I would have spanked her right then and there. Whiny ass/screaming kids have no place in public places! Who says that? I say that...and Robert D. Raiford!

And made the kid cry even harder. Oh, that'll do it.....

Old 06-18-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Not put them on the plane to begin with.
how about you changing the plain for another without kids on board? it's good with me you should try it!

Old 06-18-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
^^^^Not to start a fight but it's kind of arrogant to bring a kid on a flying tube & having the rest of the passengers held hostage by its crying. It's almost as if you expect everyone else to deal with your kids behavior & they shouldn't be annoyed by that? Sorry but kids are annoying.
so what do you suggest if you HAVE to travel and MUST take your kids with you? Do you really think parents are enjoying the scream???

it's a good idea to have ear plugs....

Old 06-18-2014, 01:57 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,571,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
You can't assume that. Not all children reach the same developmental milestones at the same age. Not every child on a plane is going to be neurotypical and have the "standard" cognitive abilities. And frequently you'll have no way of knowing just by looking at them.
For children with developmental difficulties, there are ways to ease travel. Social stories are a good start.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Well then you apparently had the most perfect child that ever existed. The rest of the world isn't so lucky.
No, I had a typical child. It is not normal for a child to scream and carry on for an hour or more at a time once they are well into their first year.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Sick or--when my kids were very young infants, when they were colicky. But we didn't try to travel when they were that young, and their colicky periods were very consistently timed.
Exactly. I never would take a colicky child on an airplane. Not fair to the child or those around them.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgal View Post
Man, I wish I'd thought to just leave my kid at home any time I needed to fly somewhere, least I possibly inconvenience someone else on the flight.

Since I don't have a live in nanny or even family to watch over my child, I guess my dog would do a fine job of caring for him in my absence.

Are people really so arrogant and dismissive of everyone else's circumstances that they think leaving a child at home is the answer to whether or not they should be brought on flights?
Unless it was to take the child to a doctor across the country for life saving treatment, I'm not so sure there was a need as opposed to a want.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
well, it wasn't clear what kids age are we talking about here. seems like parents supposed to shut up their kids no matter how old they are... I've been on each side of this fence and cannot stand when people talk the way you did - you hate screaming kids? get a private jet or get over it... Many people are driving me nuts on the plain - people from India who don't know that showers exist on this planet, or fat people who take half of my sit - so what? I learned to deal with it so other people annoyed by young kids should do the same.
There's so much wrong with this post that I'm not even going to begin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or