U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 09:31 PM

43,552 posts, read 52,658,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I just endured a horrific southwest airline flight filled with screaming crying kids who would not shut up. All the mother did was "shhhh". Does that qualify as sufficient these days? What obligation do these parents have for the other passengers? Or do they? Should they leave the kids at home?
What do you want them to do?

Old 06-17-2014, 09:37 PM

703 posts, read 691,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by builder24car View Post
If it had been my kid I would have spanked her right then and there. Whiny ass/screaming kids have no place in public places! Who says that? I say that...and Robert D. Raiford!
Whoa, whoa... Let's take those backwoods, NC morals somewhere else.

You don't go and embarrass a kid like that in public.

If you want the kid to ever learn anything, bring something you know it likes to keep it busy, and the more experience it has on a plane, the better it's going to eventually behave, but don't just spank a kid unless you want all the other parents around you to stare at you, and nod their heads throughout the entire flight.

Yes, parents should prepare their kids, but it's difficult for younger kids to grasp the concept of aviation. I've been flying before I was 1, and I've never had an issue like that. i just brought something fun with me. Be creative.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:39 PM

15,024 posts, read 21,736,236 times
There is a 50 page thread already on this subject.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:44 PM

43,552 posts, read 52,658,619 times
I was spanked as a kid. I don't necessarily have anything against spanking. But I will tell you that it made me cry more and made me cry harder and made me cry louder. Spanking is not the answer.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:55 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,718,804 times
Who the hell can hear anything on a plane?

And isn't that why God invented ear plugs?

Kids will cry, you probably did too when you were little, they don't do it to annoy you, it's usually because they are in discomfort.

Those tiny little ears block really quickly and hurt like hell.

Don't fly if you can't hack it.

I was on a 9 hour overnight flight back from Hong Kong and some DOUCHE up the front LOL'd out loud at his movie the entire 9 hours, regardless of the people trying to sleep around him.

OP are you talking a 9 hour performance, or an hour or so? In which case I'd file your post under "first world problems" which will melt away to nothing once you become a parent yourself.

Last edited by cindersslipper; 06-17-2014 at 10:06 PM..

Old 06-17-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I was spanked as a kid. I don't necessarily have anything against spanking. But I will tell you that it made me cry more and made me cry harder and made me cry louder. Spanking is not the answer.
Amen.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:25 PM

10,077 posts, read 14,019,795 times
Yes they do, and we should complain more. The worst are the ones that think their "special" kid can run up and down the aisles. It ain't a playground sit down and be quiet.

I get the descent and you can't control kids all the time, just try and do better please for the consideration of the rest of us. Thank you for listening to the PSA.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:30 PM

4,492 posts, read 2,880,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Who the hell can hear anything on a plane?

And isn't that why God invented ear plugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I was on a 9 hour overnight flight back from Hong Kong and some DOUCHE up the front LOL'd out loud at his movie the entire 9 hours, regardless of the people trying to sleep around him.
The passengers around him could hear stuff on a plane?

Isn't that why god invented ear plugs?

Old 06-17-2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
The passengers around him could hear stuff on a plane?

Isn't that why god invented ear plugs?
Seriously, go prepared next time. Bring super-duty earplugs.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:43 PM

22,672 posts, read 28,709,830 times
I always figured it was a good idea to keep my kid quiet. You never know when 4 hours of shrieking will push some irate passenger over the edge and cause him to strangle your little darling. It's much safer for the child to teach him some manners.

Children should be given a children's decongestant before flying and a mild painkiller (aspirin sort of thing) to help with the pain in their ears.

It's beyond me why all the modern fancy science can't figure out how to pressurize an airplane to the point that it doesn't cause severe agony. I don't have any problem understanding why kids cry on take off an landing. They should, however, be quiet the rest of the flight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or