U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 01:08 AM

35,108 posts, read 40,296,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I disagree. That kid was nonstop talking. What the mother should have done was to take the best to the back of the plane and sternly tell the kid thst she wasn't going to put up with it. The mother was a total failure.

You were inconvenienced for a few hours and this woman who you don't know is a total failure?
I wonder if you will think of yourself as a total failure when this happens to you.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:18 AM

703 posts, read 692,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You were inconvenienced for a few hours and this woman who you don't know is a total failure?
I wonder if you will think of yourself as a total failure when this happens to you.
Hey, she wasn't a total failure. But, she could've done a little more research about kids on aircraft. Getting on the forum would have been a great start.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:20 AM

9,263 posts, read 10,926,040 times
Quote:
I disagree. That kid was nonstop talking. What the mother should have done was to take the best to the back of the plane and sternly tell the kid thst she wasn't going to put up with it. The mother was a total failure.
So this was an older kid? I thought baby, from your description. Like I said, my kid was a great traveler, even as an infant, but babies have ear issues. If my child, as a toddler, was annoying people, I always took her away. I never wanted to be "that parent."

Old 06-18-2014, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
So this was an older kid? I thought baby, from your description. Like I said, my kid was a great traveler, even as an infant, but babies have ear issues. If my child, as a toddler, was annoying people, I always took her away. I never wanted to be "that parent."
Oh, babies...
Yeah, maybe best if they're sleeping.
And, they can't chew gum, so that's out of the question.
Yeah, that's a part of "all things considered"
That would be relatively difficult to control.

Old 06-18-2014, 01:28 AM

9,263 posts, read 10,926,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewimaech235 View Post
Oh, babies...
Yeah, maybe best if they're sleeping.
And, they can't chew gum, so that's out of the question.
Yeah, that's a part of "all things considered"
That would be relatively difficult to control.
Well I'm not sure of what this guy is talking about, because he says crying and screaming and then talking non-stop. If they're talking non-stop they're obviously not infants or toddlers. When my daughter was a baby I gave her a bottle during take off and landing. I tried!

Old 06-18-2014, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Well I'm not sure of what this guy is talking about, because he says crying and screaming and then talking non-stop. If they're talking non-stop they're obviously not infants or toddlers. When my daughter was a baby I gave her a bottle during take off and landing. I tried!
heh..
Might I dare ask if the pacifier worked? lol

Old 06-18-2014, 02:56 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,502,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewimaech235 View Post
Bringing medicine into this is not the answer to all unwanted child behavior. What if you told your boss to take a pill because he gave you unwanted, but approved (in his rights) behavior? Hehe..
I get what you're saying, but Ear Barotrauma is an actual condition that can be proven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Yes they do, and we should complain more. The worst are the ones that think their "special" kid can run up and down the aisles. It ain't a playground sit down and be quiet.

I get the descent and you can't control kids all the time, just try and do better please for the consideration of the rest of us. Thank you for listening to the PSA.
If the kid is allowed to act like a wild banshee, then I'd speak to them directly.

Quote:
I would guess 3-4 yrs of age. Would any of you go do far as to ask the parents to quiet their loud kids?
No, I wouldn't ask the parents to do anything. I would tell them or I would tell the kid to be quite (if they were a little older).

Old 06-18-2014, 03:16 AM

8,655 posts, read 19,115,035 times
Quote:
I just endured a horrific southwest airline flight filled with screaming crying kids who would not shut up. All the mother did was "shhhh". Does that qualify as sufficient these days? What obligation do these parents have for the other passengers? Or do they? Should they leave the kids at home?
\\

Yes, they do. They can't allow their children to disturb the whole plane....they run the risk of being removed from the flight. I can understand a baby or young toddler crying, but any child over the age of 4 is old enough to understand that they need to sit quietly, not kick the seat in front of them and not whine like Calliou.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:26 AM

358 posts, read 293,514 times
It's a tricky issue as some parents really seem to lack the awareness of how their kids drive other people insane.

On the other hand, I flew to Dubai once and there was a lone mother with 5 kids under 7 years old. I didn't ask if they were all hers but she was a nervous wreck. Myself and an older lady did our best to comfort and entertain the younger ones. I quite enjoyed it.

Sometimes it's important to reach out and lend a hand rather than pitch a fit. We flew a lot when I was a kid and have no doubt that I would have driven people nuts with my inability to sit still.

Also, cabin air pressure can be quite painful on the ears of young kids.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:42 AM

16,437 posts, read 19,155,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by builder24car View Post
If it had been my kid I would have spanked her right then and there. Whiny ass/screaming kids have no place in public places! Who says that? I say that...and Robert D. Raiford!
Some lib would make sure you were charged with child abuse and lose custody of your child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or