Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 02:53 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorhen3 View Post
Your view of this type of situation is quite different from mine and that is fine. But it sure makes me sad that there seems to be so little compassion and understanding from many posters on this thread. It is no surprise, of course. But still saddens me.
The sad thing is that people create drama in their own lives by making various choices and then expecting others to fix the problems they create with those choices.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
I can tell you reading threads like this makes me feel better whenever my kids lose it in public. To know that the people judging me/them are like this lets me relax, totally ignore their judgement and parent well instead of trying to pander to misanthropes. It's quite reassuring. They're not thinking "she should be home for nap by now, no wonder that kid is losing it, why did she try and squeeze one more errand in", they're thinking "she should beat that child unconscious". Makes the tantrum positively enjoyable. I hope I'm next to one of these nasty posters next time my kids are jet lagged and the ipad battery is dead. I have been once, this woman was an utter cow from the moment we sat next to her. It was very amusing to make her suffer along with me.
You aren't able to amuse your children without electronic babysitters? My point is made.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
The majority of adults don't need to be there either. What is your point? People (including children) have a right to do things they don't need to do.
Wrong. When I fly I generally NEED to be there. It's called making a living. It's not a trip to Disney or a trip to visit the grandparents. If I wasn't on the plane, I wouldn't have a job. That is a need.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
No, this child was not JUST talking. The kid would not stop and was loud, more than just talking in a regular voice. I shouldn't be asked to fly only certain times of the day to avoid those critters.
Then the mother failed. Try first class, far less children, although when they are there they are usually spoiled rotten hellions.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewimaech235 View Post
Was it extremely young, or young?
The age of 3-4 was mentioned in an early post. Old enough to understand "inside voices."

Old 06-19-2014, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Kids shouldnt be on planes?
I didn't say that.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:26 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,989,829 times
Best article ever about sedating children on flights.....this woman deserves an award!

Why I drug my children on airplanes: We all know the hell of bawling toddlers on flights. But some mums have found a controversial solution... | Mail Online

Old 06-19-2014, 04:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I would guess 3-4 yrs of age. Would any of you go do far as to ask the parents to quiet their loud kids?
ok, I didn't read the ages when I posted yesterday. People mention the ear concerns: that is real, but I am betting these kids need someone else to tell them to quiet down. Would I say something? I am a big chicken so I don't know, but I would applaud anyone who did. The ear problem isn't going to be the entire flight and if a child is 3 or over he/she would certainly have said something about their ears hurting.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:21 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,096,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
So answer my question. When a child is in pain and crying exactly what actions should a parent take to quiet them down? You are wiling to talk in generalizations an you are willing to say who should and should not have children but you are unwilling to give specific actions that parents should take to quiet their kids down. Since there are so many incompetent parents out there I am sure they would appreciate your advice.
Why are they in pain? Did I miss somewhere that said these children were stabbed, beaten, or had tripped and broke something? My understanding is these were just kids being loud because they were raised poorly.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:06 AM

13,399 posts, read 28,712,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl;35295880[B
]I can tell you reading threads like this makes me feel better whenever my kids lose it in public[/b]. To know that the people judging me/them are like this lets me relax, totally ignore their judgement and parent well instead of trying to pander to misanthropes. It's quite reassuring. They're not thinking "she should be home for nap by now, no wonder that kid is losing it, why did she try and squeeze one more errand in", they're thinking "she should beat that child unconscious". Makes the tantrum positively enjoyable. I hope I'm next to one of these nasty posters next time my kids are jet lagged and the ipad battery is dead. I have been once, this woman was an utter cow from the moment we sat next to her. It was very amusing to make her suffer along with me.
Wow just wow...no words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.