U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 01:29 PM

2,483 posts, read 3,539,063 times

Advertisements

Underwear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 01:57 PM

6,323 posts, read 5,064,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
I have traveled all over the world, and people say I travel heavy. Whatever.

I always bring a full change of clothes in my carryon bag. It's nice in case I spill something on the plane or my checked luggage gets delayed.
When I was in the Air Force, we always carried a change of clothing and some toiletries in our backpack/bug out bag during exercises and real time deployments.

I still do this - very handy.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:58 PM

6,323 posts, read 5,064,142 times
Nice looking comfortable shoes and soft comfy pajamas.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:55 PM

14,698 posts, read 8,497,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
I have traveled all over the world, and people say I travel heavy. Whatever.

I always bring a full change of clothes in my carryon bag. It's nice in case I spill something on the plane or my checked luggage gets delayed.
This. I have had my luggage lost twice, so I always bring a change of clothes, my medication, and my toiletries in my carry-on, enough to get me through at least one day without my main suitcase.

Old 07-23-2014, 04:08 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,552,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
This. I have had my luggage lost twice, so I always bring a change of clothes, my medication, and my toiletries in my carry-on, enough to get me through at least one day without my main suitcase.
I just go carry-on only. The time and stress it saves is, to me, worth the sacrifice. I dislike having to to to the ticket counter to check stuff, having to get my stuff for transfers on international flights, having to go pick my stuff up when I arrive. Such a hassle.

Old 07-23-2014, 04:55 PM

1,804 posts, read 6,286,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
I have a pashmina/loop scarf thing that I almost always have with me on a plane. It is a blanket, a pillow, a scarf and nicely hides stains on my shirt in case of spillage en route!

I find dresses to be versatile when traveling for work or pleasure. I love the Prana Quinn dress. It packs small and doesn't wrinkle. i can wear leggings and boots underneath it in the winter, bare legs and sandals in the summer. I pair it with a cardigan for work to cover the shoulders or in the colder months.

Speaking of cardigans, I am a big fan of mix and match clothes when traveling: fitted tees, cardigan and neutral pants (like jeans or black pants). That way any shirt will go with any pant or sweater.
I wasn't familiar with that particular dress. I looked it up and I love it! What type of shoes do you wear with it other than the boots? Let's say in the spring when it's too chilly for sandals and you don't necessarily want to wear boots. Thanks!!

Old 07-23-2014, 07:06 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,177,526 times
Great posts everyone !

Also, wanted to add that I usually only travel with solid color clothing. It's just easier

If I have all these diff. print tops than I'm much more limited in my wardrobe. So beside packing lots of solid scarves (the pashmina type but not as long) I'll pack floral ones too so that's where I'll have a little print w/my all my solids.

The only exception is if I'm going somewhere tropical, then I'll have tops & skirts w/hibiscus, dolphins, turtles, etc. and on this type of trip I still try to pack light because this is where I'll buy the most clothes, but I know my limit. I love tropical clothes

Old 07-23-2014, 07:17 PM

3,431 posts, read 3,051,616 times
I'm another traveller who goes with only a carry-on bag. This is for trips of 1 to 2 weeks. It can be done.

Light-weight synthetic blouses are my favourite travel clothes. They can be layer with tank tops underneath and a cardigan on top of them if it's chilly. If it's warm, I can wear the blouses with the sleeves rolled up. I can wash them in a hotel sink and they dry overnight, while taking up very little room in the suitcase.

Comfortable shoes are a necessity, I only take shoes that I've broken in for a couple of weeks beforehand.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:25 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,970,571 times
I take my handy portavle luggage scale. I love to shop for souvenirs so I always have to be mindful of how much weight we are carrying on the way back.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:38 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,838,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
Also, wanted to add that I usually only travel with solid color clothing. It's just easier

If I have all these diff. print tops than I'm much more limited in my wardrobe. So beside packing lots of solid scarves (the pashmina type but not as long) I'll pack floral ones too so that's where I'll have a little print w/my all my solids.
I do lots of printed tops, but my pants/skirts are all solid (usually black or charcoal). All the tops and bottoms are completely interchangeable. Not limited at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel