U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Luxury Flight or Luxury Hotel?
Luxury Flight 12 18.46%
Luxury Hotel 53 81.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 10:25 AM

3,280 posts, read 3,839,691 times

Advertisements

With a hotel, I get a walled in room/suite to myself. On a plane, I have to share with hundreds of other people separated only by curtains.

I want the nicer hotel. Not to mention, I wouldn't stay at anything less than a 4 star in a foreign country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 12:26 PM

10,428 posts, read 12,433,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post

I want the nicer hotel. Not to mention, I wouldn't stay at anything less than a 4 star in a foreign country.
You wouldn't stay in 3 star hotels in Canada, Germanic Europe, Japan, Australia and New Zealand

Old 08-02-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I don't know about you, but I can't stay awake for 72 hours straight. Even if I fly first or business with a lay flat bed, the most sleep I'm going to get on the plane in six hours--my body just won't allow more. So by the time midnight rolls around (if I'm headed east, west is a whole different ball of hot wax) I'm tired, getting cranky, and wanting a solid 6-8 hours of sleep in a comfortable bed. It doesn't need to be in a five star hotel, but it's not going to be in a hostel or tourist class place, either.

Plus I want to take a shower at least a couple of times...
Take 2 mg Alprazolam (Xanax) or 20 mg Diazepam (Valium), 15 hour flight will feel like a 1 hour flight.
I've stayed up 72 hours multiple times, if i had a good 8+ hours of sleep before and feeling entertained i can pretty much block sleep for days and get a adrenaline rush out of it but like i said before its not like i'm awake 72 hours straight, take short naps in between.

Old 08-02-2014, 02:31 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,632,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
You wouldn't stay in 3 star hotels in Canada, Germanic Europe, Japan, Australia and New Zealand
I wouldn't in most of Europe. Typically Euro hotels are a notch down from US hotels when it comes to ratings. So a three star in Europe is only a two in the US--I don't do two star hotels. Canada can be the same--the Holiday Inn in Hinton doesn't even come close to warranting the four Mobil stars it gets IMHO. Two would be more like it--I'd grudgingly give it a low three.

Old 08-02-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Take 2 mg Alprazolam (Xanax) or 20 mg Diazepam (Valium), 15 hour flight will feel like a 1 hour flight.
I've stayed up 72 hours multiple times, if i had a good 8+ hours of sleep before and feeling entertained i can pretty much block sleep for days and get a adrenaline rush out of it but like i said before its not like i'm awake 72 hours straight, take short naps in between.
I don't do drugs to sleep or stay awake. That's for fools and junkies. I also don't want to be doped up if there's an in flight emergency.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
1.I don't do drugs to sleep or stay awake.

2.That's for fools and junkies.

3.I also don't want to be doped up if there's an in flight emergency.
1.You liking that mild space, in between sleep and awake, i feel you.

2.That's a strong opinion, there are people who enjoy to sleep after getting high and there are those that like to stay up, have some respect for that.

3.Because there is so much you can do when the plane crashes right

Old 08-02-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
1.You liking that mild space, in between sleep and awake, i feel you.

2.That's a strong opinion, there are people who enjoy to sleep after getting high and there are those that like to stay up, have some respect for that.

3.Because there is so much you can do when the plane crashes right
1. I am able to sleep on a plane. I sleep well and without drugs.
2. I have no respect for people who use drugs recreationally.
3. Actually many plane crashes are survivable if one has their wits about them. There are other incidents which can happen in air which one would want to be able to respond to as well.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:

1. I am able to sleep on a plane. I sleep well and without drugs.

2. I have no respect for people who use drugs recreationally.

3. Actually many plane crashes are survivable if one has their wits about them.

4.There are other incidents which can happen in air which one would want to be able to respond to as well.
1.Lucky you! Even in economy with the limited leg space, fat people leaning back their chairs and crying babies?

2.I have no respect for people who drink hard liquor on a daily basis and people who inject anything outside the hospital, other than that i'm as tolerant as you can get to other people's personal choices.

3.I don't really believe in that, if the plane crashes down with so much speed you just have to be very lucky to survive it.

4.Like what? I'm not (gonna play) superman anyway.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
1.Lucky you! Even in economy with the limited leg space, fat people leaning back their chairs and crying babies?

2.I have no respect for people who drink hard liquor on a daily basis and people who inject anything outside the hospital, other than that i'm as tolerant as you can get to other people's personal choices.

3.I don't really believe in that, if the plane crashes down with so much speed you just have to be very lucky to survive it.

4.Like what? I'm not (gonna play) superman anyway.
1. I don't fly economy on long hauls. Worst case is premium economy. Ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones do wonders.

2. You have no respect for insulin dependent diabetics? Nice.

3. Miracle on the Hudson is one example. There are hundreds more.

4. Emergency landings, decompression, etc.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:37 PM

25,078 posts, read 23,968,623 times
Quote:
Still nobody answered my question...
Where is the hotel/hostel located at?
in Bangkok i can stay in a nice appartment with daily cleaning for just $23 per night, i think the average hostel price in Tokyo is $32 per night.
The hotel is in Brussels. No, wait, it's in Dubai. Maybe it's in Kingstown.

Last edited by Gerania; 08-02-2014 at 06:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or