U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 06:48 PM

20,695 posts, read 19,509,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Which he doesn't, because the places he's mentioned staying aren't.
Its not exactly cheap is it.

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/reunion-resort.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 06:50 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,583,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Yes but they don't give it to you first..
So what? If you want the can, ask for it. or will you be passive aggressive like you were to the guy in front of you and try to kill the FA with your death ray vision the whole flight?

Old 08-03-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Its not exactly cheap is it.

Owners Direct
Actually, yes, compared to a five star hotel, it IS cheap. It would cost you per night at the Four seasons what you would pay for a week at one of those rentals. By the way, Reunion is FAR from the poshest neighborhood in the Orlando area.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:57 PM

I never said I stayed in 5 star hotels, I said I stayed in 4 star hotels, which I do.

Only a few times have I stayed in 3 star hotels which where all in England.. Who am I trying to impress anyway? There are enough stuck up ******* in Orlando anyway. (Aka mall of millenia)

I will not be returning to that dump. Palm beach is a much much better place than Orlando.
Orlando IS overrated!

Old 08-03-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I never said I stayed in 5 star hotels I said I stayed in 4 star hotels which I do.

Only a few times have I stayed in 3 star which were all in England.. I do not care anyway because we had a good enough time!!
Who am I trying to impress anyway? There are enough stuck up ******* in Orlando anyway.

I will not be returning to that dump. Palm beach is a much much better place than Orlando.
Orlando IS overrated!
Face it, you'll be going wherever mum and dad are paying for you to go.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:03 PM

I wouldn't be so grumpy if you didn't look down on me so much..

Old 08-03-2014, 07:25 PM

9,268 posts, read 5,768,041 times
Owen, if you keep trying to convince people that 2000 is not a lot of money then you are not going to make too many friends.. most people on this board work hard for their cash and that is a lot of money. You have to realise that what seems cheap to you is not the same for everybody else

Old 08-03-2014, 07:42 PM

Most people on this forum seem to be extremely wealthy. (At least from all the travelling)
So I would doubt if they found 2000 as expensive. And yes I am aware of how jealous/uptight peope can get when money is discussed, I have experience with it before.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:05 PM

8,623 posts, read 6,249,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcrash619 View Post
Tomorrow I'm going to be stuck at Houston Hobby for nearly 6 hours (assuming theres no delays!). Gonna have to get comfortable there .
I vaguely remember a time when I was little we were at an airport all night because of a bad storm, but I don't know how long it was. What's the longest you've been stuck at an airport?
I was held up here in DC - went to my sister's for 4 hours - a few years ago as weather in Chicago messed up the entire airline industry. I was supposed to catch a connecting flight in Denver but missed it. It would have been a 12 hour sleepover in the terminal but the airline comped a hotel room for me as well as some $$$ vouchers for meals. Best 18 hour layover I ever had.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:31 PM

477 posts, read 399,005 times
36 hours, Air India flight from NYC to Delhi, ran into problems in London. They kept us on the plane until it ran out of gas and they couldn't keep the AC going anymore. The toilets had all long since overflowed and there had been no food at all - not so much as a bag of peanuts - for over 12 hours. When they finally let us off the plane, everything in the airport was closed. We couldn't get food out of the vending machines because none of us had any UK money. When we arrived at the hotel they were going to put us up in, no one had told the hotel staff to expect us - so there was STILL NO FOOD because they weren't stocked up to feed a sudden influx of an additional 400 people. We were told it would be HOURS before they could serve us, and then it would be whatever they had leftover in the kitchen or could whip up from whatever they could scrounge from all-night mini-mart type of places (this was 1980 or 1981, 24 hour groceries were virtually unknown in the US and I assume that was pretty much the same in the UK at the time).

So we got some money changed, and left on foot to find a pub that was still open - where I had to ask some patrons to explain the coinage to me because it had (fairly) recently changed and the face value wasn't necessarily correct. But, at least we got some pub food, crawled off to bed, and were rousted out and onto the bus back to the airport after a few hours of sleep.

All this time, we had a relative waiting for us in the Delhi airport, and they kept telling him the plane would arrive "in an hour".

36 hours later, we arrived. He had spent the entire time at the airport because - it was India in the 80's - where the phone company had huge billboards up saying "Apply for a phone today! You might not need it now - but what about in 5 years?". In short - he couldn't leave and just call to find out whether the plane had actually arrived, because (1) no phone (2) pay phones aren't cheap or easy to find (3) They just would have told him the same "landing in an hour" lie anyway and (4) it would have been worse than sleeping in a chair at the gate because even if he could rely on an accurate report of our expected arrival, he still would have had to travel back and forth from home to find a pay phone, spend an Indian fortune on multiple calls that might not even go through, get NO sleep instead of hardly any, and finally risk not being able to find a cab should the plane finally land at 3 AM. I should say, a jitney or rickshaw. So as awful as spending 36 hours curled up in a chair by the gate was, leaving would have been worse (we couldn't have called from the airport either because - no phone to call).

All in all it was not a beginning that boded well for the rest of the trip. Fortunately the rest of the trip was nowhere near as bad, if we ignore having to bribe the guy at the Indian Airlines ticket counter to get our prepaid, reserved, tickets, LOL! 50 rupees is what it took. That is a nothing bribe even in India, even back then. We figured he forgot his lunch at home and just wanted enough to make a trip to the airport cafeteria, LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or