Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 10:28 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,545,741 times

Advertisements

Nairobi, about 30 hours when it was supposed to be four.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 01:35 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
200???? More than a week? Seriously? Are you Victor Naworski?
No lol but yes seriously more than a week.
Already had a cold/blocked sinus when leaving Tokyo and things got a lot worse in the air, when we landed in Singapore I thought my head was gonna explode, doctors on the airport advised me not to fly for at least 5 days and take anti-biotics + nose spray (Nasonex instead of the Otrivin i've been using for years).

Old 08-04-2014, 03:42 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,544,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
I never said I stayed in 5 star hotels, I said I stayed in 4 star hotels, which I do.

Only a few times have I stayed in 3 star hotels which where all in England.. Who am I trying to impress anyway? There are enough stuck up ******* in Orlando anyway. (Aka mall of millenia)

I will not be returning to that dump. Palm beach is a much much better place than Orlando.
Orlando IS overrated!
The only reason anyone goes to Orlando is Disneyworld. I'll never go. Anyway, WHY would anyone go to Florida in summer?!

Last edited by Ameriscot; 08-04-2014 at 05:07 AM..

Old 08-04-2014, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Most people on this forum seem to be extremely wealthy. (At least from all the travelling)
So I would doubt if they found £2000 as expensive. And yes I am aware of how jealous/uptight peope can get when money is discussed, I have experience with it before.
We are not extremely wealthy, but we are nowhere near poor as we planned well for retirement. We travel all the time because being retired we have the time and the money. But we do not pay £2,000/week for any place. We get more trips if we aren't overly extravagant. On our trip to Thailand this coming winter we are paying £1,300 for TWO MONTHS for a bungalow across the road from the beaches.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:02 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
The only reason anyone goes to Orlando is Disneyworld. I'll never go. Any WHY would anyone go to Florida in summer?!
and Golf, Universal Studio's, Wet N Wild, Shopping Malls/Outlets/Restaurants, Swamps, Gators, Horror Houses.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
and Golf, Universal Studio's, Wet N Wild, Shopping Malls/Outlets/Restaurants, Swamps, Gators, Horror Houses.
No thanks.

We used to go to Florida but to the southwest, in winter when it's not too hot. Near the Everglades, great for kayaking and canoeing and bicyling.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:10 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
3 overnight layovers: 1) A planned overnight in London where the airline provided the hotel room as the connecting flight from TLV via London to Australia was the next day; 2) An unplanned overnight in Beijing due to pollution which cancelled my connecting domestic flight to Jinan and one of my colleagues convinced the airline to provide us with hotel accommodations; 3) Missed a connecting flight at Denver airport due to weather conditions (my flight got in too late to make it) and was forced to spend the night at the airport as I wasn't able to get a hotel room.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:47 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,867,312 times
Quote:
The only reason anyone goes to Orlando is Disneyworld. I'll never go. Anyway, WHY would anyone go to Florida in summer?!
BECAUSE I liked it the last time I went but it changed a lot.. the last time I went to West Palm Beach, to me Orlando was a completely different place and if I were to describe it I would call it a dump..

I will not be returning to Orlando again and probably not Florida as i've been there two times now..

Old 08-04-2014, 06:48 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,867,312 times
Quote:
We are not extremely wealthy, but we are nowhere near poor as we planned well for retirement. We travel all the time because being retired we have the time and the money. But we do not pay £2,000/week for any place. We get more trips if we aren't overly extravagant. On our trip to Thailand this coming winter we are paying £1,300 for TWO MONTHS for a bungalow across the road from the beaches.
But then you are a retired couple not a family.

For two months we'd probably pay £4,000 but then we wouldn't stay for that long.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
BECAUSE I liked it the last time I went but it changed a lot.. the last time I went to West Palm Beach, to me Orlando was a completely different place and if I were to describe it I would call it a dump..

I will not be returning to Orlando again and probably not Florida as i've been there two times now..
Why do so many from here go in summer? It's too HOT. I lived in NE Florida as a child for 4 years and I know never to visit in summer. Lovely in winter on the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel