Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 11:53 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,862,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Oh it was United with economy
Even in economy on a long haul I've never heard of only getting half a can of soda. Did you ask for the full can?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I would never go back on myself and why bother when i've got preclearance in Dublin with alot of choice..
Actually I believe it's your parents who book and pay for the trips, so perhaps you don't really have much of a choice after all?

Old 08-03-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
I haven't seen one of those for years and we fly to the US every year.
On the same carrier...

Quote:
Yes, it depends on the carrier. Occasionally I get a decent meal on Delta or Continental, but not usually. We fly economy or economy plus with them. We've got enough airmiles to upgrade on the way home on Delta this September, so I'll check out the meals.

Emirates has great meals even in economy. When we have enough airmiles to upgrade to business they serve meals like you'd order in a nice restaurant.
Absolutely. Premium economy on Air France has the same food as economy, and it's rubbish. Just terrible. US Airways is usually pretty good in Envoy, and even the economy meals can be OK. British Air First is some of the best in the sky, although many eat at Galleries First or the Concorde Room in advance to maximize sleep time on the plane.

Delta is one of the biggest hit/miss when it comes to meals. Hopefully you'll be lucky with a hit.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:37 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,245,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcrash619 View Post
Tomorrow I'm going to be stuck at Houston Hobby for nearly 6 hours (assuming theres no delays!). Gonna have to get comfortable there .
I vaguely remember a time when I was little we were at an airport all night because of a bad storm, but I don't know how long it was. What's the longest you've been stuck at an airport?
this depends on whether you are talking about missing a flight and having to stay overnight or just a normal connection? I have had to do the overnight thing a couple of times: once in Denver and once in NYC: at least those are the 2 I remember. As for connecting, the longest was Toyko to Hong Kong: it was about 6 hours and we had already been up almost 24. No wonder my son in law and I were at each others throats by the time we got to our Honk Kong hotel.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:14 PM

4,105 posts, read 5,527,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
On the same carrier...

Absolutely. Premium economy on Air France has the same food as economy, and it's rubbish. Just terrible. US Airways is usually pretty good in Envoy, and even the economy meals can be OK. British Air First is some of the best in the sky, although many eat at Galleries First or the Concorde Room in advance to maximize sleep time on the plane.

Delta is one of the biggest hit/miss when it comes to meals. Hopefully you'll be lucky with a hit.
No, I haven't been flying on the same carrier. Continental, Delta, Air Canada, US Air. A variety over 14 years. I think Virgin to Florida didn't have the tv screens but that was in 2002 I think.

Can't imagine any meals and service better than in Emirates Business and First.

Old 08-03-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
No, I haven't been flying on the same carrier. Continental, Delta, Air Canada, US Air. A variety over 14 years. I think Virgin to Florida didn't have the tv screens but that was in 2002 I think.

Can't imagine any meals and service better than in Emirates Business and First.
Things change in the airline industry, and I don't think you can compare anything that was over 4-5 years ago.

Old 08-03-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Things change in the airline industry, and I don't think you can compare anything that was over 4-5 years ago.
No you can't. I was pointing out that I have not been on the same carrier every year and it's been years since I was on a plane that didn't have seat back TVs.

Old 08-03-2014, 03:12 PM

20,652 posts, read 23,802,346 times
Quote:
Actually I believe it's your parents who book and pay for the trips, so perhaps you don't really have much of a choice after all?
How do you know?

Old 08-03-2014, 03:13 PM

20,652 posts, read 23,802,346 times
Quote:
Even in economy on a long haul I've never heard of only getting half a can of soda. Did you ask for the full can?
Nope.

But I noticed they gave people with orange juice full cans which I thought was quite rude. I thought it was an airline policy so never bothered.

Maybe they don't see the flight from Dublin as long haul.

Old 08-03-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
How do you know?
Oh please, Owen. You're what, 17? Where would you get the money to pay for trips. Especially as you claim you only stay in 5 star accommodation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel