Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 08:53 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,030,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
BECAUSE I liked it the last time I went but it changed a lot.. the last time I went to West Palm Beach, to me Orlando was a completely different place and if I were to describe it I would call it a dump..

I will not be returning to Orlando again and probably not Florida as i've been there two times now..
Thank goodness, one less snotty Brit who thinks they own the place because they comes and spend a few bucks.

In one breath you say that Reunion is the greatest place on earth and five stars, in the next you call it a dump. Maybe you need to make up your mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 08:55 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,871,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Many of us have JOBS and do a lot of travel with the job. I often stay a few extra days in an interesting place on my own dime.

I don't think anyone is jealous of you. I certainly haven't seen anything worth being jealous of--economy seats on long hauls and rental homes in nice but far from luxe neighborhoods.
Well I was quite gullible when I was younger.

Off topic but basically when I was about 14 I was in class and these folk were bragging about all the stuff they owned so I thought i'd sicken them by informing them that we had a Porsche 911 and a Private plane.. Well I never heard the end of it.. They did not believe me (and I don't see why).. And kept bringing it up every darn day.

I would say I get pretty good holidays.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Why do so many from here go in summer? It's too HOT. I lived in NE Florida as a child for 4 years and I know never to visit in summer. Lovely in winter on the beach.
Beats me. It's when Floridians stay home and hide from the heat and the hordes of foreign visitors. Spring and fall are the best, specifically March and October. It can get cold in the winter.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
You can do all that in the greater Orlando area. In fact Clermont, which is just west of Orlando, is well known for being a training ground for bicycling teams from around the world. The same area offers a chain of lakes which are perfect for kayaking and canoeing, and there are places which rent both as well as paddle boards.
Clermont is a dump. Full of tourists and thrift stores.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
I wouldn't go to Spain when it's too hot either.

More than 30C is too hot.
I agree. I prefer most of the central and Southern part of Europe in the spring or fall. Anything from March through May. I'd rather have to put on a coat or sweater than swelter in places with no or barely any aircon.

I love March in London--little rain and cool but not cold days.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Thank goodness, one less snotty Brit who thinks they own the place because they comes and spend a few bucks.

In one breath you say that Reunion is the greatest place on earth and five stars, in the next you call it a dump. Maybe you need to make up your mind.
No, Orlando is a dump.

FULL of tourists, very flat and not very glamarous.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
You are an American from a country with hot weather you DO NOT need to visit hot weather.
Rather ridiculous statement. Keep in mind that the whole of England would fit into half of our states. It's a tiny country with one type of weather. The US is a large country with every type of weather from the frozen tundras of Alaska to the dessert of southern TX. Do you really think that the people from Alaska ever get hot weather?

Old 08-04-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
No, Orlando is a dump.

FULL of tourists and Hispanics, very flat and not very glamarous.
You obviously know nothing about the area, and your ignorant statements are making you look foolish. You visit one little section full of tourists from all over the world and make a sweeping statement. That would be like me visiting the area around Heathrow and saying only Indians live in London.

By the way, instead of being a tourist you should have taken a little drive. About five miles from where you were staying begins the rolling hills of Lake County which is far from flat. You also missed the glamorous areas because frankly they are gated to keep the tourists out. We don't tell the tourists about best places in Orlando, because we don't want them to become just another tourist trap. How do you like them apples?

Old 08-04-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Well I was quite gullible when I was younger.

Off topic but basically when I was about 14 I was in class and these folk were bragging about all the stuff they owned so I thought i'd sicken them by informing them that we had a Porsche 911 and a Private plane.. Well I never heard the end of it.. They did not believe me (and I don't see why).. And kept bringing it up every darn day.

I would say I get pretty good holidays.
Pffft. If you have a private plane, why are you sitting in economy? Sorry kid, not buying it. Want to try again?

Old 08-04-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Clermont is a dump. Full of tourists and thrift stores.
You've quite obviously never been within the city limits of Clermont. The area with a Clermont mailing address where all the tourists go is NOT Clermont proper. It also isn't full of tourists, as there are few hotels and short-term rentals are not allowed--the City code enforcement officer fines owners who try that game very dearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel