U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 09:11 AM

7,288 posts, read 13,518,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
What I don't agree with on the previous post is that by being nice you'll get a seat "up front." Not going to happen. There is a very specific set of criteria for moving passengers to first class, and unless you paid a full fare or have FF status, the first seats will go empty of be filled with an unaccompanied minor, military member traveling in uniform, or deadheading crew. What you might be able to get is a seat further towards the front, although it could very well be a center seat.
I said "up front" not "first class".

I know very well how it works; I have had FF status on multiple airlines for 15 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 09:17 AM

636 posts, read 763,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
When you get to ATL, you will have to go from B to E

There is no way to know that for sure. Checking flightstats.com all the delta MKE to ATL flights yesterday landed in D. The flight to MGA went out of E, which is very easy connection in ATL. But the point is no real way of knowing the terminals ahead of time.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:18 AM

14,188 posts, read 6,447,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim7 View Post
Once in ATL, you should be getting off the flight, heading to the tram (they come every few seconds and are easily labelled) and going straight to your new gate. You will not be picking up any luggage. I have been in airports all over the world and ATL is my favorite because it is so easy to navigate. Walk briskly and you should be fine! Hold on when you are on the tram, it starts and stops abruptly.
Thanks! I talked to a couple coworkers today & they reassured me that basically I should be able to make the international terminal in that short layover & also that my luggage should be fine. I guess your luggage isn't necessarily on the same flight as you? I don't know how it works. But they did say that for my own assurance if I really was that nervous about either making my flight or making sure my luggage arrives in Nicaragua that I could call Delta & see if I can get an earlier flight out of Milwaukee so I don't have such a short layover.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:30 AM

636 posts, read 763,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Thanks! I talked to a couple coworkers today & they reassured me that basically I should be able to make the international terminal in that short layover & also that my luggage should be fine. I guess your luggage isn't necessarily on the same flight as you? I don't know how it works. But they did say that for my own assurance if I really was that nervous about either making my flight or making sure my luggage arrives in Nicaragua that I could call Delta & see if I can get an earlier flight out of Milwaukee so I don't have such a short layover.

Technically your luggage should be on the same plane as you to comply with the security regulations. What can happen sometimes is that your bag may end up on earlier flight to the same city. If you were to show up early and check in at MKE before the previous flight to ATL left, there is a chance your bag could go on the earlier flight. There is only one flight to MGA a day so your bag will have to be on that plane.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
Technically your luggage should be on the same plane as you to comply with the security regulations. What can happen sometimes is that your bag may end up on earlier flight to the same city. If you were to show up early and check in at MKE before the previous flight to ATL left, there is a chance your bag could go on the earlier flight. There is only one flight to MGA a day so your bag will have to be on that plane.
I saw that there was only one flight to MGA a day, grr.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:45 AM

9,130 posts, read 17,171,427 times
The Flight From MKE seem to "Arrive" in various terminals. The Flight has left out of terminal F (International) for the past two weeks or so.

45m is tight, But but doable. Most of the time the inbound flight are "Early" (Airlines play games with arrival times to there flight is not Late by DOT standards.)

When you arrive, Head to the "Middle of the Concourse" go down one level and "Plane Train" runs every 60-90 Seconds from 5am-1am ,

and about every 3m from 1am-5am (Sometimes on single Track Service).

Just don't stop to get anything to eat, or drinks, Bathroom etc, till you are in Departure concourse.

Once you are there see if you have time to grab something. (Atlanta "Local" HotDog Place "The Varsity" is in the International Concourse. (Get a dog or two, and a Orange Shake).

Old 08-05-2014, 09:46 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,645,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
MKE on average is good about not having delay, I've heard this thru various people. I'm just going to call Delta & see if I can get an earlier flight out of MKE so I arrive in ATL w/a longer layover than just 45 mins. I'm just too nervous about not making the flight or my luggage not making it. I'm assuming I will not have a problem changing flights, I understand there will be a fee, even though I booked this ticket on Travelocity & not directly thru Delta, correct?
Actually this is probably not a legal connection for an international flight at ATL, so there should be no fee. DL shouldn't have allowed thsi ticket to book to begin with.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:48 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,645,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
Actually security regulations don't say your bag has to be on the plane with you. What they say is that you can't choose to have your bag on a different flight. If the airline puts it on a different flight it's perfectly acceptable to FAA/DHS.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:52 AM

9,130 posts, read 17,171,427 times
minimum connection time Domestic ->International ATL

DL-DL 40min
DL-DL 50min B777

The outbound flight is a A320, so it would be 40min legal connect time. So 45 over Min.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Actually this is probably not a legal connection for an international flight at ATL, so there should be no fee. DL shouldn't have allowed thsi ticket to book to begin with.
Does it matter that I booked it through Travelocity & not through the airline? Would the problem be with Travelocity or still with Delta?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or