U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 12:19 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,271,044 times

Advertisements

After 2 unfortunate incidents MH370 and MH17, would you still travel on Malaysia AIrlines ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 06:31 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,831,065 times
Perhaps it's a bit irrational, but if I'm being honest, no. I wouldn't fly on Malaysia Airlines. I can't help but feel like they've got some bad juju going on.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:37 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,144,521 times
Not really, apart from the incidents, i really don't like the food they offered and they weren't exactly what i call "polite", i mean seriously all i ask was for a new blanket and they throw it to me! i was surprised by the quality of service they had, so much for hospitality, on the other hand i wouldn't mind flying with Singapore Airline anytime.

Old 08-10-2014, 03:48 PM

51 posts, read 44,731 times
Absolutely I would fly with MAS for many reasons.
First, most likely the MAS tickets are relatively cheaper now than other airlines so I can save some money on flight and spend it during my vacation
Second, statistically speaking, airplanes are the safest way of transportation. Every day thousands of flights take place globally and we don't hear about airplanes incidents for months sometimes for years. Unlike car accidents that happen more frequently
Third, although it is too early to talk about MH 17 since there are many theories about it and we are not sure yet about it. However, for MH 370 it absolutely wasn't the MAS fault rather it was the pro-Russian rabbles fault. MH 370 was flying in the wrong place at the wrong time. If any other airplane from any airline was flying in that area at that time it would have the same incident MH 370 had
Fourth, tens or maybe hundreds of MAS flights took off after MH 370 without any problem, which shows that the probability of flying with MAS without problem is much bigger than having incidents with MAS
IMHO, those who fear flying have irrational fear and should learn how to come over this fear. Always remember the statistics show airplane incidents are very very tiny comparing to the accidents of other means of transportation. So you should be more worried driving or taking a cap from your home to the airport than worrying something might go wrong on an airplane

Old 08-11-2014, 10:23 AM

35,324 posts, read 25,151,966 times
I'm flying on them this winter. No other carrier for the route that I could find.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:28 PM

3,402 posts, read 4,443,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Not really, apart from the incidents, i really don't like the food they offered and they weren't exactly what i call "polite", i mean seriously all i ask was for a new blanket and they throw it to me! i was surprised by the quality of service they had, so much for hospitality, on the other hand i wouldn't mind flying with Singapore Airline anytime.
Do you really think that because one flight attendent threw a blanket at you, that the whole staff of MA are trained to do so?

Old 08-11-2014, 04:38 PM

2,975 posts, read 2,701,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Do you really think that because one flight attendent threw a blanket at you, that the whole staff of MA are trained to do so?

I don't think any of their staff was trained to throw a blanket, including the flight attendant who threw it. However, how one is treated on an airline speaks volumes about the service and attitude of the employees.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:17 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,535,820 times
Yes I would, still think they're a good airline though for the next trip I've planned Garuda Indonesia is considerably cheaper so will probably fly with them.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:02 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,571,346 times
I would, although I doubt that I'll be flying anywhere they service where they would be the best option for me anytime in the foreseeable future.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:00 PM

1,032 posts, read 1,389,644 times
If I ever flew with them I would make sure the flight path was not over any countries in the middle of a violent political confict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel