U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 06:02 PM

2,483 posts, read 3,534,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I prefer to not provoke the gendarme. I'd spend the $10 to buy a different color case.
It's not the case, it's the phone itself.
Samsung Galaxy S 5 Active (AT&T), Camo Green
~ $400, with contract, if I remember correctly...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 06:36 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,577,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You honestly think that most people know about wearing camo in certain countries? That's about as random of a fact that I can think of. So now someone having a camo cell phone case or wearing a camo t-shirt is considered an "ugly american"? Ok.
Anyone with an ounce of common sense will spend a few minutes learning local custom and laws before they visit a foreign country.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
It's not the case, it's the phone itself.
Samsung Galaxy S 5 Active (AT&T), Camo Green
~ $400, with contract, if I remember correctly...
Yup--and like I said, I'd spend the $10 to buy a case.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:06 AM

14,190 posts, read 6,424,423 times
Quote:
Anyone with an ounce of common sense will spend a few minutes learning local custom and laws before they visit a foreign country.
Yes, of course. However, no one will be able to study every single custom & law. Wearing camo is pretty far down on anyone's list I imagine. Like I said, I highly doubt an american is going to get tossed in jail in Jamaica for stepping off the plane with a camo shirt.

Anyway, this has gotten off topic. I don't really have a uniform, just whatever is comfortable. Could be yoga pants or jeans if I'm not flying too far.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:40 AM

8,581 posts, read 11,067,923 times
Quote:
You honestly think that most people know about wearing camo in certain countries? That's about as random of a fact that I can think of. So now someone having a camo cell phone case or wearing a camo t-shirt is considered an "ugly american"? Ok.
I think if you're wearing camo beyond hunting or the deck of the double wide, international rules regarding apparel are probably outside your sphere of concern.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:46 AM

14,190 posts, read 6,424,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I think if you're wearing camo beyond hunting or the deck of the double wide, international rules regarding apparel are probably outside your sphere of concern.
You're right because I do not wear camo. Never found it flattering.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Yes, of course. However, no one will be able to study every single custom & law. Wearing camo is pretty far down on anyone's list I imagine. Like I said, I highly doubt an american is going to get tossed in jail in Jamaica for stepping off the plane with a camo shirt.

Anyway, this has gotten off topic. I don't really have a uniform, just whatever is comfortable. Could be yoga pants or jeans if I'm not flying too far.
There are documented cases of people being forced to change and surrender the cammo clothing--even children. That's not the way I'd want to start a trip.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
LOL!

Old 08-19-2014, 10:00 AM

2,483 posts, read 3,534,600 times
Quote:
Yup--and like I said, I'd spend the $10 to buy a case.
Ok and then what happens when they tell me to take it out to inspect it and find camo hidden inside a case? Besides, that's a special edition phone designed to not need a case, so most regular cases don't fit it anyways.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:57 AM

4,308 posts, read 11,801,772 times
Pretty much my yoga outfit with my denim jacket which has a myriad of pockets for things like boarding passes, sunglasses, etc. This outfit lacks a belt so I don't have to walk thro the scanner holding my jeans up, it's warm and cool where necessary and it doesn't crease. I also wear around my neck or shove a large scarf or pashmina shawl into my carry-on in case the aeroplane is freezing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel