Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 07:48 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,287,618 times

Advertisements

Yep. Microfiber track pants, a dark colored polo shirt, sneakers. Really only applies to long haul though. Domestic, I'll wear whatever I'm wearing for the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 07:58 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
Generally black knit pants (very comfortable) and a roomy knit top, but most importantly comfortable shoes that are easy to slip on and off.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:00 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,019,707 times
T-shirt and jogging pants, with athletic sandals.

AKA "The TSA Friendly" Gear.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:23 AM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times
Long pants (jeans or dress pants), closed shoes (walking shoes or flat dress shoes) and usually a light sweater/jacket during the summer months as the air-conditioning is usually too cold for me.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:37 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
Yes, I wear basically the same thing each time I fly. I find airports and airplanes to be too chilly for me, so I dress in layers. On the top I usually wear a tank top under a long sleeved t-shirt and then top it off with a blazer or jacket. This keeps me warm, but gives me the flexibility to strip off layers when I arrive at tropical locales. On the bottom I wear jeans or nice black pants with knee socks and slip on sandals for the TSA. (I don't like being barefoot in the security line and my feet get cold on the plane.) I always pack a pair of shorts in my carryon so I can quickly be in a tank top, shorts, and sandals when I get to my beachy destination.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:39 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,545,355 times
Columbia nylon trousers with lots of pockets for passports, wallet, etc, a tshirt or top with a long sleeved shirt with pockets over it. A fleece jacket with zip up pockets as I always feel cold on planes. Trainers (athletic shoes).

Sorting them out right now as we are traveling on Monday.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:39 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,859,501 times
T-shirt
A hoodie so I don't have to touch my head to dirty headrest
Usually pants with lots of pockets
Sturdy shoes , sneakers or light hiking boots

Old 08-13-2014, 09:04 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,371,571 times
I always wear a very baggy 3-piece sequined suit with chrome-spiked suspenders/belt and steel tip boots. Oh and a pistol holster and a two handed sword scabbard.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Not so much now, but for years our daughters worked for airlines and we got discounted pricing to fly but had to follow a strict dress code. Being many of our trips were to the Caribbean and it was often winter, we had to find something suitable for our colder climate, but also we didn't want to get off the plane and burn up. I had this wine colored summer pants suit plus a winter wool suit that was a wine and blue plaid. It worked great: I was dressed nice enough to fly, even 1st class, I had the jacket to warm me up as we took off and could put it away, wearing just my cute summer pant suit when we reached our destination Now days, I just try to be comfortable but not sloppy. I hate seeing people flying with wrinkled cloths or they look like they just got out of bed. I know, people want to be comfortable, but I am just old fashion I guess. Maybe it comes from all the years we did have to dress in business attire to fly. Now only one of the girls works for the airline and passes are so hard to come by, we just don't bother.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:05 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,545,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Not so much now, but for years our daughters worked for airlines and we got discounted pricing to fly but had to follow a strict dress code. Being many of our trips were to the Caribbean and it was often winter, we had to find something suitable for our colder climate, but also we didn't want to get off the plane and burn up. I had this wine colored summer pants suit plus a winter wool suit that was a wine and blue plaid. It worked great: I was dressed nice enough to fly, even 1st class, I had the jacket to warm me up as we took off and could put it away, wearing just my cute summer pant suit when we reached our destination Now days, I just try to be comfortable but not sloppy. I hate seeing people flying with wrinkled cloths or they look like they just got out of bed. I know, people want to be comfortable, but I am just old fashion I guess. Maybe it comes from all the years we did have to dress in business attire to fly. Now only one of the girls works for the airline and passes are so hard to come by, we just don't bother.
You had to dress up? I haven't flown in first (yet!) but have flown in business class about 4 or 5 times. I wear the same thing I always do. Never saw a need to dress nicer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel