U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 07:04 PM

12,304 posts, read 10,804,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
This is actually kinda along the lines of why I switched to Southwest. I know they're not the best - in fact, many Southwest planes are the least comfortable of the major airlines when you have to fly much of a distance (I say "many" because I've been on exactly two that were newer and nice). The cheap fare is a draw, but I think the open seating is pretty neat, too.
Why would "cool" people on Southwest? You just said is was cheap. So you will see cheap people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 07:05 PM

12,680 posts, read 15,120,265 times
Sat next to a very hot one (and, on Southwest) a few weeks ago, enroute to Santa Ana (SNA) from Oakland (OAK). She was probably 15 years younger than me. She initiated chatting with me about how she was terrified of flying and such.

Too bad I am married...

Old 08-27-2014, 07:17 PM

2,972 posts, read 2,761,077 times
Yes it can happen
Have you ever sat next to a hot girl on an airplane?
but based on the randomness - of course, it is rare.

Another time on return vacation flight from Phoenix to CLE had lovely woman sit next to me. You do have better odds spotting them at boarding, an airport restaurant, or baggage carousel pickup simply due to mobility. I met an exceptional Lebanese American woman while waiting curbside. She was pharmaceutical sales rep new hire just back from training for her new job assignment (Michigan). Perfect complexion, gorgeous hazel eyes, black hair and would have been perfectly cast as lead harem girl in a 1950s desert sand adventure romance film.

I gather if the above situation(s) happened now the young women would be plugged into their mobile device or laptop.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:22 PM

7,074 posts, read 4,942,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Give the original poster a break. He's just echoing those deep and disturbed thoughts many of us have. Come on, admit it, say what you want, but many people are thinking what he is. He just posted it--under an alias. Big deal.

Come on, we all think deep and disturbed things. I do, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. When I see a wreck on the highway, the first thing I think is "where's an escape route so I don't have to wait behind the logjam?" I mean really, I didn't know them, the ambulance people are the ones who can actually DO something about it and they're on the way. Why should I have to wait in line over someone I don't know whom I'm not going to be able to help anyway? I wouldn't expect them to wait in line behind me if I were the one in the wreck--really, I wouldn't.

I see an attractive woman who's pregnant, I'm thinking "some guy had a really fun time with her." I see a large woman who's pregnant, I'm thinking "wow, really?" yet I'm also thinking "that's one devoted man right there, good for him." I also think "I bet that woman feels great knowing she can be obese yet still attract a fine man for herself, and good for her, everyone deserves to be happy, not just the supermodels of the world."

I see a cashier, I think of how this person probably hasn't been able to scratch their butt or pick their nose for awhile and how they're probably looking forward to the first chance they get to do so. I see someone mopping and I have to walk where they're mopping, I'm thinking "I bet they want to kill me right now." When a young cashier at Best Buy smiles I say to myself "I bet she's thinking 'oh great, another old man I have to be nice to, why can't some 20-somethings come in here?'"

These are just thoughts echoed on a forum under an alias, big deal.
Ghost of Mr. George Carlin, is that you?

Old 08-27-2014, 07:50 PM

6,945 posts, read 3,872,415 times
I've had guys ask me to seat them next to hot chicks.. Sorry sir, but the seat next to her is taken. Perhaps you could persuade her seat mate to trade with you? I also had a guy offer to pay for a woman's upgrade to first class. I told him I couldn't make that offer, but if "he" asked her and she was amiable to it.. I could do it, because there were open seats in first. Neither worked out
I have however.. Seated dead heading pilots next to hot chicks upon request. Lol

Old 08-27-2014, 07:57 PM

2,972 posts, read 2,761,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Give the original poster a break. He's just echoing those deep and disturbed thoughts many of us have. Come on, admit it, say what you want, but many people are thinking what he is. He just posted it--under an alias. Big deal.

Come on, we all think deep and disturbed things. I do, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. When I see a wreck on the highway, the first thing I think is "where's an escape route so I don't have to wait behind the logjam?" I mean really, I didn't know them, the ambulance people are the ones who can actually DO something about it and they're on the way. Why should I have to wait in line over someone I don't know whom I'm not going to be able to help anyway? I wouldn't expect them to wait in line behind me if I were the one in the wreck--really, I wouldn't.

I see an attractive woman who's pregnant, I'm thinking "some guy had a really fun time with her." I see a large woman who's pregnant, I'm thinking "wow, really?" yet I'm also thinking "that's one devoted man right there, good for him." I also think "I bet that woman feels great knowing she can be obese yet still attract a fine man for herself, and good for her, everyone deserves to be happy, not just the supermodels of the world."

I see a cashier, I think of how this person probably hasn't been able to scratch their butt or pick their nose for awhile and how they're probably looking forward to the first chance they get to do so. I see someone mopping and I have to walk where they're mopping, I'm thinking "I bet they want to kill me right now." When a young cashier at Best Buy smiles I say to myself "I bet she's thinking 'oh great, another old man I have to be nice to, why can't some 20-somethings come in here?'"

These are just thoughts echoed on a forum under an alias, big deal.
The unspoken dialogue when we encounter various everyday occurrences would make a great separate thread. *letting my bad side out*

For instance, a good gage of the economy would be how many people who upon seeing a rush hour accident wonder if the deceased was employed, what their occupation was and where that new job opening may be?

Or, when I encounter any over 50 ish person working in retail that is very competent I wonder where they were laid off from and what college training they have and which corporation lost the insititutional knowledge and is that why when I make that customer service call for the fourth time the corp still can't figure out how to solve a billing error?

When I see a severely obese overweight person, I wonder what they see when they are looking at the dinner plate (s) and (as George Carlin aptly queried) how do they wipe their **s? I think for some of them, that's got to be the most exercise they get.

When I encounter pleasant competent store clerks I am especially thankful and wonder how long they will keep their attitude dealing with john q public and how long will they be working there?

This is so cathartic....

When I see an auto with political stickers plastered all over it, I wonder what goes on in the brain of the person who thought anyone gave a cr** about their views? And how bad does the interior of their car smell?

When I see a person on cell phone along the highway for fifteen minutes or so I wonder if they are helping someone with a medical emergency or if they are reading their f*ng shopping list to someone who is at the store?

When I see the really nice expensive new car parked in two spaces further out in the parking lot of a business, I wonder, did they do so to get the exercise walking further or to seemingly protect their nice new car? Then hope a flock of seagulls do a bombing run and makes a few deposits.

When I see a hot chick on back of a motorcycle holding on to her boyfriend's waist does she get excited when he hits a slight bump?

When I exit public transportation and those waiting to get on crowd and block the doors for those exiting I wonder, where they dropped on their head as a child?

When I pass a hospital and see employees outside smoking I wonder where did these people leave their brains?

On one particularly annoying flight during summer, the kid seated behind me kept kicking my seat, I thought, hmm, what would happen if a took a roll of duct tape and taped the kid securely into his seat?

That feels better...

Old 08-27-2014, 10:20 PM

3,279 posts, read 4,096,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Ghost of Mr. George Carlin, is that you?
You know, you're right. I loved his "dark" humor where he admitted things like how explosions are fun and how you're curious and want to go look at the bodies. He would mock people going "oh isn't that awful" and rebut "lying a-hole, you love it and you know it." I miss his humor, especially in terms of how he wouldn't let the controversies and uproar over his humor cause him to do all that apology nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
You have some strange thoughts. No, I am not looking for an exit as my first thought when there's an accident. My first thought is did someone call the police. You sound like a VERY impatient person who only thinks of himself.
Well, to be blunt, it may be ugly to say or think this, but yes, that auto accident is inconveniencing me, and a lot too. Regardless, someone almost for sure has already called the police, and what good does it do me to hang around? I can't help them, and in fact once the ambulance people arrive they don't WANT others trying to help because they are the professionals and, as well meaning as others may be, they only get in the way. Rubber neckers checking things out aren't really helping anything anymore than I am, and they cause accidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Where are you shopping where cashiers scratch their butt and pick their nose? You need to go to better neighborhoods and clean establishments.
I never see this, but I bet you that such people do when they get a chance. You have to, frankly. There is always hand sanitizer that they can use to quickly clean their hands after they've done so. No big deal, I say.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:51 PM

3,280 posts, read 3,848,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
This is actually kinda along the lines of why I switched to Southwest. I know they're not the best - in fact, many Southwest planes are the least comfortable of the major airlines when you have to fly much of a distance (I say "many" because I've been on exactly two that were newer and nice). The cheap fare is a draw, but I think the open seating is pretty neat, too. I used to fly US Airways, and I never got to sit next to anyone cool. But I've been much more fortunate on Southwest flights, even when I'm the first to sit down in my row. I honestly think that part of it is just that Southwest airlines attracts customers who tend to be more chill, hence why they're willing to make the trade-off of cheaper fare for a mediocre plane.

Anyway, my advice for you is to talk to these "hot girls" while you're still at the airport. Are you too young to drink? If not, try an airport bar, too.
Ah, the Airport Bar. Taking the most expensive (in proportion to retail) item on the menu and putting it in the most expensive market so you can get wasted at 8:00am on a thursday. Being a sad daytime drunk never looked so glamorous.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:52 PM

13,060 posts, read 15,435,975 times
It kind of worries me that there are actually weirdos who think like this, since I have two daughters in their 20s who I am sure would meet the standards of "hot." I hate to think of them flying alone and having men like that trying to sick next to them. BLECH. I can tell you right now, they aren't gonna be interested in someone like you!

Old 08-28-2014, 12:01 AM

6,658 posts, read 18,718,408 times
Moles or Beauty Spots...take your pick.

Marlene Dietrich
Elizabeth Taylor
Kate Winslet

Bound to be some more...have to think a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or