U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 12:06 AM

7,074 posts, read 4,922,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
I miss his humor, especially in terms of how he wouldn't let the controversies and uproar over his humor cause him to do all that apology nonsense.
yeah, Carlin was a sharp/smart/funny guy who really knew how to analyze things deeply. Certainly a talent/one of a kind.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 12:07 AM

60 posts, read 54,916 times
In my opinion, the female flight attendants are a lot "hotter" than most of the female passengers you will encounter on the plane. Especially on several Asian airlines where they dress them up in all sorts of cool attire.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:19 AM

35,108 posts, read 40,230,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
After many years of air travel, I have come to the theory that is is impossible to sit next to a non-companion hot girl on an airplane with a conventional boarding system. Southwest's system is an EXCEPTION, not the rule.

You may see her at security, you probably will see her at the gate and you will definitely see her board the plane.

She WILL sit in proximity to you, although NOT next to you. Your seat and hers are asymptotes, they can get very close, but will never touch.

Instead, you will end up with someone who looks like they shop for home goods at Sear's at 9:00am on a Tuesday.

Likewise, the Idiot law states that the individual you see outside the airport or in security, or in any place with no direct corrolation to your airline or flight, that you irrationally hate on first sight WILL be on your flight. But you won't sit next to him.

It does get very warm on an airplane sometimes so I imagine you are surrounded by "hot girls" the entire flight....

Old 08-28-2014, 01:57 AM

2,267 posts, read 2,466,688 times
Well it does seem to happen less than being sat next to the big drunk smelly guy but it does happen.

I have had a transatlantic flight where I sat next to a rather attective, interesting woman in about my age range and though I don´t think I was a creep I did enjoy talking with her, probably flirted a bit and the flight was almost too short.

I think most women would perfer sitting next to an attractive, nice, interesting guy.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:32 AM

15,504 posts, read 17,732,432 times
I agree with those who think it is creepy. Women never hope the handsome man at the gate will sit next to them. They dont even look at men that way. To find someone attractive and hope for some contact with them is simply creepy and gross.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:17 AM

6,353 posts, read 5,158,773 times
Wow, lots of hostility in this thread. Hmm.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:09 AM

1,097 posts, read 715,800 times
The most experienced traveller will be travelling VERY light and not be giving a damn about looks or will have MINIMAL makeup. (Makeup is heavy to carry around.) If she has kids, she will have a small cheap toy for her kids to keep them distracted.
I've sat next to all kinds of people on planes. However, they're going to one corner of the world, and I'm going to the other corner. I know I'll never see them again, and I really don't care who they are. I may say hello when we take off and a few courteous words when we land. Otherwise, I just want to close my eyes and watch the f'ing movie.
I mean, seriously, if the hottest woman in the world wanted to propose to have sex right then and there... what would you do... go try and have sex in the tiny airplane bathroom that is so small that even one person can't even fully stand up? The same bathroom that reeks of feces and handsoap, with urine all over it, with the *DINGGGG* "You now need to reattach your seatbelts!" message.
I mean... realistically... no. Just... no. No. No.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:33 AM

2,267 posts, read 2,466,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
The most experienced traveller will be travelling VERY light and not be giving a damn about looks or will have MINIMAL makeup. (Makeup is heavy to carry around.) If she has kids, she will have a small cheap toy for her kids to keep them distracted.
I've sat next to all kinds of people on planes. However, they're going to one corner of the world, and I'm going to the other corner. I know I'll never see them again, and I really don't care who they are. I may say hello when we take off and a few courteous words when we land. Otherwise, I just want to close my eyes and watch the f'ing movie.
I mean, seriously, if the hottest woman in the world wanted to propose to have sex right then and there... what would you do... go try and have sex in the tiny airplane bathroom that is so small that even one person can't even fully stand up? The same bathroom that reeks of feces and handsoap, with urine all over it, with the *DINGGGG* "You now need to reattach your seatbelts!" message.
I mean... realistically... no. Just... no. No. No.
OTOH you might be flying to the same location and both be alone in your hotels after some boring meeting. Stranger things have happened.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:38 AM

38,160 posts, read 14,910,326 times
How many "hot girls" do you guys ever see flying?

I must admit, I don't pay all that close attention. But it seems that most young women that could fall into this category aren't all that dolled up. Many are wearing pajama pants with their hair pulled back in a pony tail, maybe lip gloss, definitely no lipstick.

I see the occasional woman in a nice pant suit that might qualify as good looking woman.

But hot girls, not so much.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:42 AM

38,160 posts, read 14,910,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Near Christmas, 1975 maybe 1974. I was in Western Pacific in Navy, with a flight a reservation on United back to the east coast from CA in mid December.

United went on strike and it looked like they would be out during the time of my flight. A flight attendent girl friend of friend told me United had to make it good. I never even thought about that, but I called, and they did, FIRST CLASS all the way from San Diego, to LA, to Chicago to Charlotte. Don't remember the airline.

We land in LA after a very short flight. I am in first class, with an open seat beside me. As the cabin door was closing an absolutely beautiful, stunning, beyond words beautiful young lady steps through the door and plops down beside me. Of course half the crap she was carrying spilled over into my lap.

I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Until:

She brushed her hair 27,845,321 times on the flight to Chicago
She told me about how she only dated Movie Producers, no one lower
She talked about all the cool food she ate on her extravagant dates
She checked her make up ever second she was not combing her hair, and
She asked me to carry half her crap to her next gate (yeah, I did)

Be careful what you wish for!
Looking hot takes effort, make up, etc.

Plus, once you have men drooling at the sight of you, it's just too easy to get them to do your bidding.

Seems that she made an impression if you're still thinking about her 40 years later. What fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or