U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 07:05 AM

16,720 posts, read 14,695,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Give the original poster a break. He's just echoing those deep and disturbed thoughts many of us have. Come on, admit it, say what you want, but many people are thinking what he is. He just posted it--under an alias. Big deal.

Come on, we all think deep and disturbed things. I do, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. When I see a wreck on the highway, the first thing I think is "where's an escape route so I don't have to wait behind the logjam?" I mean really, I didn't know them, the ambulance people are the ones who can actually DO something about it and they're on the way. Why should I have to wait in line over someone I don't know whom I'm not going to be able to help anyway? I wouldn't expect them to wait in line behind me if I were the one in the wreck--really, I wouldn't.

I see an attractive woman who's pregnant, I'm thinking "some guy had a really fun time with her." I see a large woman who's pregnant, I'm thinking "wow, really?" yet I'm also thinking "that's one devoted man right there, good for him." I also think "I bet that woman feels great knowing she can be obese yet still attract a fine man for herself, and good for her, everyone deserves to be happy, not just the supermodels of the world."

I see a cashier, I think of how this person probably hasn't been able to scratch their butt or pick their nose for awhile and how they're probably looking forward to the first chance they get to do so. I see someone mopping and I have to walk where they're mopping, I'm thinking "I bet they want to kill me right now." When a young cashier at Best Buy smiles I say to myself "I bet she's thinking 'oh great, another old man I have to be nice to, why can't some 20-somethings come in here?'"

These are just thoughts echoed on a forum under an alias, big deal.
Speak for yourself!!! I don't think thoughts like that.

I don't think how devoted a guy must be because he's with a fat chick. I think how lucky she is that someone loves her for who she is.

I don't look for a way to escape from a wreck. I pick up my phone and call 911, then get out and try to help.

But now whenever I see a crotchety old curmudgeon, I will think of you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 07:18 AM

14,698 posts, read 8,483,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
i just wasted 15 seconds of my life.
+1.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:25 AM

2,639 posts, read 5,217,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
A friendly smile from a young waitress will GUARANTEE a Nice tip....my late wife was one and the tips sure added up.
Yeah no. Bounce that - My tip is directly proportionate to the level of expected service vs. the level of received service. All of them smile, that's too easy.

Once I went to a restaurant - I think it was a TGI Fridays - with a co-worker. Waitress was very smooth and attentive, didn't nag us repeatedly, and ensured we were attended to without bothering us. When she dropped off the receipt it had a little heart drawn on it for some reason - but I could tell that we were likely easier customers to deal with than most. Her tip amounted to about 120% of the bill amount.

Another time I went back to California to visit and pick up some odds and ends from my move, called up a different co-worker (female) as a surprise to meet up for breakfast at some weird restaurant in La Jolla. Took forever to get a seat, water was disgusting, food wasn't all that great, but she smiled. Her tip amounted to roughly 2% of the bill amount.

Tips are earned, not guaranteed, in my school of thought.

As for "hot girls on planes", I've sat next to two. One was a co-worker who I think had a thing for me but was too shy to do anything about it, one was just a random girl. The random girl had jacked up nails, like she chewed on them all the time. Instant turn off despite her being gorgeous otherwise. I bite my nails on occasion and mine looked better than hers. That should NEVER happen.

Good looking stewardess - I've only ever experienced once which was on a first class flight, Alaska Airlines I believe, back to Seattle. I did the upgrade at the airport since there wasn't anyone hardly in it, was the only one in the first row. The stewardess kept flirting with me and while she wasn't "hot", she was extremely good looking. But then I saw she had an iPhone and well...I don't go there.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:33 AM

5,755 posts, read 4,169,753 times
Quote:
I just wasted 15 seconds of my life.
Well put! I think some people have no life, so they post idiotic comments on here just to amuse themselves.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:39 AM

14,190 posts, read 6,428,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I agree with those who think it is creepy. Women never hope the handsome man at the gate will sit next to them. They dont even look at men that way. To find someone attractive and hope for some contact with them is simply creepy and gross.
What do you mean women don't look at men that way? Are women void of any attraction to others? Did we lose that sense? Who wouldn't rather sit next to an attractive person? Jeez, it's not creepy in the least.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:50 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,969,978 times
Had this thread been about 'who' we 'get' to sit next to on planes, maybe the responses would have been worthwhile because it can be a social "opportunity."

I've kept in touch with one person I met on a plane and have spent layover time with others. On long fleights, it can be important.

But I also spent a 9 hour trip next to an obese woman with a baby on her lap. I figured it was my penance for having such a fun time in Italy. Couldn't have been much worse: tight, smelly, kid kicking me reflexively and blurting out anguished crys every half hour or so.

Alas, in all my years I have never been sat next to a "hot girl" on a plane. You don't have to be a creep to prefer that over babies and other undesirables.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:50 AM

2,483 posts, read 3,536,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
I met an exceptional Lebanese American woman while waiting curbside.
What made you think you had a chance with her since she was only into women?

Old 08-28-2014, 08:22 AM

16,720 posts, read 14,695,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
What made you think you had a chance with her since she was only into women?
He said Lebanese, not Lesbian.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:23 AM

6,654 posts, read 18,676,383 times
I once worked with a Irishman who when we stopped at a restaurant for a cup o coffee during are work day would always kid a waitress to SMILE.

Those days a cup of coffee was 0.10 and if the girl smiled, he would leave a $1.00 tip. He did that many times.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:58 AM

35,324 posts, read 25,171,344 times
Quote:
He said Lebanese, not Lesbian.
Hahahaha, golden!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or