U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 10:08 PM

6,322 posts, read 4,761,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Moles or Beauty Spots...take your pick.

Marlene Dietrich
Elizabeth Taylor
Kate Winslet

Bound to be some more...have to think a bit.
Cindy Crawford
Marylin Monroe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 10:25 PM

3,274 posts, read 3,695,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Y
Where are you shopping where cashiers scratch their butt and pick their nose? You need to go to better neighborhoods and clean establishments.
You seem to have comprehension issues.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:37 PM

6,322 posts, read 4,761,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
The unspoken dialogue when we encounter various everyday occurrences would make a great separate thread. *letting my bad side out*

For instance, a good gage of the economy would be how many people who upon seeing a rush hour accident wonder if the deceased was employed, what their occupation was and where that new job opening may be?

Or, when I encounter any over 50 ish person working in retail that is very competent I wonder where they were laid off from and what college training they have and which corporation lost the insititutional knowledge and is that why when I make that customer service call for the fourth time the corp still can't figure out how to solve a billing error?

When I see a severely obese overweight person, I wonder what they see when they are looking at the dinner plate (s) and (as George Carlin aptly queried) how do they wipe their **s? I think for some of them, that's got to be the most exercise they get.

When I encounter pleasant competent store clerks I am especially thankful and wonder how long they will keep their attitude dealing with john q public and how long will they be working there?

This is so cathartic....

When I see an auto with political stickers plastered all over it, I wonder what goes on in the brain of the person who thought anyone gave a cr** about their views? And how bad does the interior of their car smell?

When I see a person on cell phone along the highway for fifteen minutes or so I wonder if they are helping someone with a medical emergency or if they are reading their f*ng shopping list to someone who is at the store?

When I see the really nice expensive new car parked in two spaces further out in the parking lot of a business, I wonder, did they do so to get the exercise walking further or to seemingly protect their nice new car? Then hope a flock of seagulls do a bombing run and makes a few deposits.

When I see a hot chick on back of a motorcycle holding on to her boyfriend's waist does she get excited when he hits a slight bump?

When I exit public transportation and those waiting to get on crowd and block the doors for those exiting I wonder, where they dropped on their head as a child?

When I pass a hospital and see employees outside smoking I wonder where did these people leave their brains?

On one particularly annoying flight during summer, the kid seated behind me kept kicking my seat, I thought, hmm, what would happen if a took a roll of duct tape and taped the kid securely into his seat?

That feels better...

Brilliant idea! Go ahead and start it! I'm sure people would have plenty to add. . . . .

When people have kids who are they call "autistic" but they clearly are "mentally retarded" i wonder if this is a defense mechanism.

All of those people who are against the word "retarded," I assume don't understand that "moron," "idiot" etc were also clinically correct diagnoses that got phased out for PC. Why don't i have the guts to use "the R word" and just explain that i am ahead of my time?

When i see 30-60ish males riding their bikes without helmets, i wonder when they lost their licenses.

When marijuana is eventually legalized, how will people who are against this have conversations w their kids about drugs?

Is Conan O'Brien REALLY happy being on TBS?

When i'm in AC or Vegas on Thanksgiving and i see people there w children, i wonder how many will become future gambling addicts?

Why does everyone leave at the exact same times on holiday weekends for vacations? How has it escaped them that there WILL be a lot of traffic and they are part of the problem?

Old 08-28-2014, 10:48 PM

6,353 posts, read 5,161,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
If you marry well, you don't have that problem.
How's that?

Old 08-28-2014, 11:09 PM

1,486 posts, read 232,276 times
Never happened to me, but I'd imagine that would be creepy. I would be nervous and shaky. I haven't been on any more than a few flights in my life.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:18 PM

78,749 posts, read 70,579,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Near Christmas, 1975 maybe 1974. I was in Western Pacific in Navy, with a flight a reservation on United back to the east coast from CA in mid December.

United went on strike and it looked like they would be out during the time of my flight. A flight attendent girl friend of friend told me United had to make it good. I never even thought about that, but I called, and they did, FIRST CLASS all the way from San Diego, to LA, to Chicago to Charlotte. Don't remember the airline.

We land in LA after a very short flight. I am in first class, with an open seat beside me. As the cabin door was closing an absolutely beautiful, stunning, beyond words beautiful young lady steps through the door and plops down beside me. Of course half the crap she was carrying spilled over into my lap.

I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Until:

She brushed her hair 27,845,321 times on the flight to Chicago
She told me about how she only dated Movie Producers, no one lower
She talked about all the cool food she ate on her extravagant dates
She checked her make up ever second she was not combing her hair, and
She asked me to carry half her crap to her next gate (yeah, I did)

Be careful what you wish for!
Wow, if that isn't the definition of "high maintenance", I don't know what is! lol

Old 08-28-2014, 11:33 PM

6,353 posts, read 5,161,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wow, if that isn't the definition of "high maintenance", I don't know what is! lol
Yeah, funny.

However, while I have sat next to beautiful women who were boring or high maintenance, in general they are not. I much prefer it.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:35 PM

5,433 posts, read 3,506,314 times
Attractive girls have sat next me on planes, no big deal.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:25 AM

1,166 posts, read 972,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
After many years of air travel, I have come to the theory that is is impossible to sit next to a non-companion hot girl on an airplane with a conventional boarding system. Southwest's system is an EXCEPTION, not the rule.

You may see her at security, you probably will see her at the gate and you will definitely see her board the plane.

She WILL sit in proximity to you, although NOT next to you. Your seat and hers are asymptotes, they can get very close, but will never touch.

Instead, you will end up with someone who looks like they shop for home goods at Sear's at 9:00am on a Tuesday.

Likewise, the Idiot law states that the individual you see outside the airport or in security, or in any place with no direct corrolation to your airline or flight, that you irrationally hate on first sight WILL be on your flight. But you won't sit next to him.
I sat next to a hot girl on a plane once. It was a very mediocre experience.

Old 08-29-2014, 05:20 AM

18,548 posts, read 9,586,076 times
I fly a lot and the first thing I hope for is that the person next to me isn't huge and spilling over into my space, doesn't emit bad odors, and is not mean or pissed off about something....therefore, a woman is usually better than men from my experience. It's a bonus if the person is friendly and interesting. If it's that 10% of flights where a hot girl is next to me, it's less probable she's friendly and interesting.

I guess if I were single, a hot girl next to me would be a bigger deal but now it's no big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or