U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-28-2014, 12:03 PM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,577,614 times
Reputation: 13019

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I don't recline out of respect to fellow passengers. One time a inconsiderate lady in front of me reclined to full max and was practically in my lap. I politely asked her to move in up a notch or two and she got belligerent. The stewardess asked he to please be considerate but she was indignant and refused. So I proceeded to get up every 5 minutes to go to the bathroom bumping her quite hard each time so she couldn't sleep. After about an 1/2 hour of this she finally moved it up.
Exaggerate much? There's no way that even a 10 degree recline puts her in your lap.

Another one who needs to retake 4th grade math and learn to use a protractor again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-28-2014, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Out there somewhere...a traveling man.
39,530 posts, read 47,699,472 times
Reputation: 110336
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Exaggerate much? There's no way that even a 10 degree recline puts her in your lap.

Another one who needs to retake 4th grade math and learn to use a protractor again.
Snarky aren't we. If you're sitting with your tray out doing puzzles, computer work etc and the person in front of you reclines then the tray is in your lap and possibly hitting your stomach. Sheesh, wish I was an expert like you and could solve all the airlines problems.
I've flown over a million miles on every type of airplane and I think I know when the recline is too far back and many cases it's at least 3o degrees or more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2014, 07:32 AM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,577,614 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Snarky aren't we. If you're sitting with your tray out doing puzzles, computer work etc and the person in front of you reclines then the tray is in your lap and possibly hitting your stomach. Sheesh, wish I was an expert like you and could solve all the airlines problems.
I've flown over a million miles on every type of airplane and I think I know when the recline is too far back and many cases it's at least 3o degrees or more.
The tray won't be in your stomach unless you're obese. The distance between the tray and floor/lap stays the same. The tray moves independently of the seat.

You need to look at a protractor. Outside of business and first, there is no airline with a 30 degree reline. Even premium economy seats only go to 20 degrees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2014, 11:01 AM
 
912 posts, read 857,712 times
Reputation: 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoonalt View Post
I'm 6' 2". Most times I get seats with more legroom. If I'm forced into regular coach, I barely have any room without the seat being reclined. I never recline mine as I know what it's like and I think it's inconsiderate. I've dug my knees into the back of the seat in front of me to prevent them from reclining. The little extra comfort they get from reclining puts me in agony for hours. I actually had a flight attendant ask the person in front of me to put their seat up when she saw how stuffed in there I was.
I have the right to a lot of things in life. But my rights don't make it alright to cause other people pain and discomfort. If you feel the need to recline your seat, at least take into account the person behind you and ask. Common courtesy goes a long ways.
This. I think most people have forgotten about it. I used to fly much more then I do now, and I don't remember people reclining without asking , or if it causes a problem,NOT reclining. People used to be a lot nicer.

Now we have fights on airplanes, and complete a$$holes slamming their seats back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2014, 11:03 AM
 
912 posts, read 857,712 times
Reputation: 1562
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
The tray won't be in your stomach unless you're obese. The distance between the tray and floor/lap stays the same. The tray moves independently of the seat.

You need to look at a protractor. Outside of business and first, there is no airline with a 30 degree reline. Even premium economy seats only go to 20 degrees.
Ugh. So every fat person has to get off the flight?

Come on. Another example of rudeness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2014, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Out there somewhere...a traveling man.
39,530 posts, read 47,699,472 times
Reputation: 110336
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
Ugh. So every fat person has to get off the flight?

Come on. Another example of rudeness.
annerk has lost all her credibility, the reason why so many have put her on ignore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2014, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Out there somewhere...a traveling man.
39,530 posts, read 47,699,472 times
Reputation: 110336
ann here's a typical scenario. See the reclining man on the other passengers lap tray.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2014, 12:57 PM
 
5,574 posts, read 5,832,169 times
Reputation: 16489
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
ann here's a typical scenario. See the reclining man on the other passengers lap tray.
You realize that's probably a TV or movie set, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2014, 01:29 PM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,577,614 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
Ugh. So every fat person has to get off the flight?

Come on. Another example of rudeness.
I never said they needed to get off the flight, although if they can't fit in the seat they need to buy a second.

It seems you are being rude by accusing me of saying things I never said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2014, 01:30 PM
 
26,590 posts, read 54,577,614 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
ann here's a typical scenario. See the reclining man on the other passengers lap tray.
If you think that's a photo from people actually on a plane, I have a bridge to sell you. Economy class seats simply do not recline that far back--and the obese guy isn't going back any further than a stick would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top