Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2014, 05:10 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,606,173 times

Advertisements

Or, better, Jetblue, whose seat pitch is so large it doesn't matter when someone reclines. They have as much legroom as an international flight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 05:30 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
Or, better, Jetblue, whose seat pitch is so large it doesn't matter when someone reclines. They have as much legroom as an international flight.
Some people would still whine about the person in front of them reclining due to their "freakishly long legs."

People like that should book only on planes where they have fixed shell seats so no one can ever recline into them.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:01 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
NORMAL people DO get leg room.
If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. You're the only one who believes that, everyone else knows better. End of discussion.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:20 AM

28,113 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Quote:

People like that should book only on planes where they have fixed shell seats so no one can ever recline into them.
This is just silly... if for no other reason than there is little to nothing a passenger can do when push comes to shove.

Can't tell you how many times my flights have been cancelled, delayed with aircraft changes and seating assignments altered... sometimes for the better... more often not.

Anyone that travels knows even holding a prepaid confirmed ticket doesn't mean you can't get bumped...

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 09-09-2014 at 07:31 AM..

Old 09-09-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
This is just silly...
Unfortunately given the statements of several posters on this thread who seem to think they have 5' long legs, far from it.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:58 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,969,949 times
Quote:
Unfortunately given the statements of several posters on this thread who seem to think they have 5' long legs, far from it.
Act out of character and on your next flight and actually notice others in their seats. You don't have to be freakishly tall to have no room. This isn't about who's right or wrong. It's about kindness towards others and common decency. Offer the old person your seat on a full bus, help someone struggling with packages or putting their luggage in the overhead. Even be understanding when that baby cries for an hour on the flight. People usually, unless evil or so self centered it never occurs to them, react to kindness with positive feelings. Has no one ever been kind to you in a difficult situation? Something beyond your control? Have you never inconvenienced others non intentionally? And if you did, did they react negatively or did they cut you some slack and not make you feel like crap.
Thankfully, I've encountered more nice people in my life than not. Everyone has their challenges in life. Yours are no less important than mine, but just because yours aren't like mine doesn't make them less important. I try and understand that. Maybe you could too.

Peace.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoonalt View Post
Act out of character and on your next flight and actually notice others in their seats. You don't have to be freakishly tall to have no room. This isn't about who's right or wrong. It's about kindness towards others and common decency. Offer the old person your seat on a full bus, help someone struggling with packages or putting their luggage in the overhead. Even be understanding when that baby cries for an hour on the flight. People usually, unless evil or so self centered it never occurs to them, react to kindness with positive feelings. Has no one ever been kind to you in a difficult situation? Something beyond your control? Have you never inconvenienced others non intentionally? And if you did, did they react negatively or did they cut you some slack and not make you feel like crap.
Thankfully, I've encountered more nice people in my life than not. Everyone has their challenges in life. Yours are no less important than mine, but just because yours aren't like mine doesn't make them less important. I try and understand that. Maybe you could too.

Peace.
There's a big difference between unintentionally inconveniencing someone due to unforeseen circumstances, and purposely inconveniencing someone when you know in advance you will be doing so and do nothing to prevent it. The latter is just plain rude.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:56 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,606,173 times
Quote:
There's a big difference between unintentionally inconveniencing someone due to unforeseen circumstances, and purposely inconveniencing someone when you know in advance you will be doing so and do nothing to prevent it. The latter is just plain rude.
You're right, but until airlines remove the recline function on short haul flights inconsiderate people are just going to continue to purposefully inconvenience the people behind them. It would be better if they paid extra to have the last row, or a hard shell seat so they wouldn't inconvenience others, but what can you do?

Old 09-10-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
You're right, but until airlines remove the recline function on short haul flights inconsiderate people are just going to continue to purposefully inconvenience the people behind them. It would be better if they paid extra to have the last row, or a hard shell seat so they wouldn't inconvenience others, but what can you do?
Considering that seats are built to recline, it seems that the more logical solution would be for people who don't want to be behind a reclining seat to choose a row that is behind one that doesn't recline. A little common sense, people. Considering that there is a whole plane that wants to recline and a few whiners who refuse to take responsibility for themselves who have a problem with it, it seems that the majority will win this one.

Last edited by annerk; 09-10-2014 at 06:39 AM..

Old 09-10-2014, 08:14 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,969,949 times
Quote:
Considering that seats are built to recline, it seems that the more logical solution would be for people who don't want to be behind a reclining seat to choose a row that is behind one that doesn't recline. A little common sense, people. Considering that there is a whole plane that wants to recline and a few whiners who refuse to take responsibility for themselves who have a problem with it, it seems that the majority will win this one.
If people like you are in the majority, I think the world has more problems than reclining seats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel