Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 05:58 PM

25 posts, read 32,077 times

Advertisements

I booked a solo trip to Jamaica, Negril, but my travel plans were changed, due to the resort undergoing renovations. I've been offered an upgrade to a luxury sandals honey moon suite in Negril, but I'm traveling solo, therefore I don't need a large honey moon suite.

The upgrade is actually valued at $375 per night, so I feel odd turning it down. I really want to go, but won't it be odd having an entire honeymoon suite as a solo traveler?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 06:49 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_432 View Post
I booked a solo trip to Jamaica, Negril, but my travel plans were changed, due to the resort undergoing renovations. I've been offered an upgrade to a luxury sandals honey moon suite in Negril, but I'm traveling solo, therefore I don't need a large honey moon suite.

The upgrade is actually valued at $375 per night, so I feel odd turning it down. I really want to go, but won't it be odd having an entire honeymoon suite as a solo traveler?
Wait ... they're upgrading at no cost to you and you're turning it down because it's too spacious?

Does not compute.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Wait ... they're upgrading at no cost to you and you're turning it down because it's too spacious?

Does not compute.
I didn't turn it down, I accepted it. My only issue is, it's a honeymoon luxury suite and I'm a solo traveler...

Aren't honeymoon suites meant for couples?

Old 09-05-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
I didn't turn it down, I accepted it. My only issue is, it's a honeymoon luxury suite and I'm a solo traveler...

Ideal for couples, but not exclusive to couples. Take the upgrade and enjoy!

Old 09-06-2014, 12:30 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Quote:

You got something against a vibrating, heart-shaped bed?

Old 09-06-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
You got something against a vibrating, heart-shaped bed?
LOL, no, but the room is very spacious and it will be situated in an area of the resort, which caters to couples on their honeymoon.

Old 09-06-2014, 07:42 AM

Maybe you need to be more specific about what your concern is. Are you worried that you will feel awkward being a solo traveler around couples? You'll be there to focus on Jamaica, not on the other travelers.

Is there some other concern that I'm not thinking of?

Old 09-06-2014, 07:54 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
LOL, no, but the room is very spacious and it will be situated in an area of the resort, which caters to couples on their honeymoon.
And? My philosophy in life is that if a rule doesn't work for you, change it (as long as you're not doing something illegal). It's a nicer room, so what's the problem?

Old 09-06-2014, 08:06 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Actually, I think I would feel the same way as the OP - it just feels 'odd' to me. And I have traveled as a single (though not to all inclusive resorts, either as a single or a couple. Just not my thing.)

I think I would have asked for a different compensation - like cover my bar bill (meaning alcohol outside of the included beer and wine with meals), or cover the costs of whatever else isn't covered in the all inclusive (use of jet skis, spa treatments. etc.)

Old 09-06-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Maybe you need to be more specific about what your concern is. Are you worried that you will feel awkward being a solo traveler around couples? You'll be there to focus on Jamaica, not on the other travelers.

Is there some other concern that I'm not thinking of?
I would have enjoyed going w/ friends and family, but they didn't have the money to travel, and I really wanted to take a nice vacation before the fall, since I've worked very hard all year long.

I am not an insecure person, but it will be a little awkward as a woman, sitting alone in the various restaurants on site (since it's all inclusive) and just watching the couples laugh and have a good time. I know there will be some other solo travelers and families as well, but most of those people will not be staying in the honeymoon suite area of the resort.

I didn't want to cancel my travel plans, but I'm kind of in limbo now, because I really dislike being in awkward situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel