U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2014, 03:16 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,583,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
It's always nice to be around people who look like me, talk as I do, and think as I do. I recall another thread where you were defending the presence of beggars to a poster who sought a vacation spot free from them; you attacked the poster as well. You don't have any argument of substance so you rely on personal attacks.
If you always want to be around people like you, you would be best served to stay home. I guess the truth hurts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanCrawford View Post

You're just still upset from the airplane thing. Can you stop stalking me, please?
Don't flatter yourself.

Old 09-13-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Good grief.

I wouldn't mind rich people so much if they would just keep their opinions about the "proletariat" to themselves, but noooo - they gotta b*tch and complain until the cows come home about how much it sucks being with the riff-raff of society, and how the world should revolve around THEM and nobody else.

If I had one wish to do anything I wanted, I'd not use it for myself - I'd do the planet a favor by wishing all the snobs of the world to vanish forever, never to be seen again...lol.

About Orlando, yes, that city sucks - I lived there once. Heck, I even worked in one of the theme parks. I know how those pushy Argentines are - you haven't seen rude until you've seen a mob of 200 of those coming your way, pushing and shoving the whole way. And the traffic, and the heat, the extreme proverty that represents more than half the Orlando area - who in their right mind would want to put up with that?

This is one part of the US I'd be glad to see not exist, Disney World and all. That's why I prefer going to places like Upper Michigan for vacation these days.
Obviously you didn't work there, as it's not the "Argentines." It's the Brazilians. Very different cultures--right down to the language.

You are also wrong about over half the area being impoverished. The reality is that over half the area is solidly middle class.

I highly doubt that any of the million plus people in the greater Orlando region really care what you think anyhow.

Old 09-13-2014, 04:45 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,334,192 times
Folks! Folks!

The topic is about tacky places ... not tacky people.

Now, I'll tell you about the tackiest thing I ever saw:

Years ago on a trip to a theme park called Six Flags Great Adventure in southern New Jersey, I wandered into a gift shop. For sale was a big picture that was laminated on a rustic wooden board with intentionally burnt edges - big enough to hang behind a sofa - a picture of Jesus standing in front of the Pearly Gates welcoming Elvis Presley (dressed in a white Vegas costume with guitar slung in back of his shoulder). I should've bought it for it's kitsch value!!!

Old 09-13-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Folks! Folks!

The topic is about tacky places ... not tacky people.

Now, I'll tell you about the tackiest thing I ever saw:

Years ago on a trip to a theme park called Six Flags Great Adventure in southern New Jersey, I wandered into a gift shop. For sale was a big picture that was laminated on a rustic wooden board with intentionally burnt edges - big enough to hang behind a sofa - a picture of Jesus standing in front of the Pearly Gates welcoming Elvis Presley (dressed in a white Vegas costume with guitar slung in back of his shoulder). I should've bought it for it's kitsch value!!!

My son used to go to Six Flags all the time with his summer camp programs. He was disgusted by how filthy the place was--especially the "gum wall" at the entrance to the Batman ride. Summer camp stopped making that a trip after they installed the metal detectors at the entrance.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:00 PM

4,444 posts, read 4,608,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Obviously you didn't work there, as it's not the "Argentines." It's the Brazilians. Very different cultures--right down to the language.

You are also wrong about over half the area being impoverished. The reality is that over half the area is solidly middle class.

I highly doubt that any of the million plus people in the greater Orlando region really care what you think anyhow.
And I really wish you'd vacate this board, as I REALLY despise your high faluting attitude.

People like you just need to... (to say what I'm thinking would violate the TOS)

Old 09-13-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
And I really wish you'd vacate this board, as I REALLY despise your high faluting attitude.

People like you just need to... (to say what I'm thinking would violate the TOS)
You can't handle the truth.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:45 PM

522 posts, read 555,438 times
Quote:
If you always want to be around people like you, you would be best served to stay home. I guess the truth hurts.

Quote:
Don't flatter yourself.

Quote:

Quote:
You can't handle the truth.

That GIF always seems to shut you up... enjoy!

Old 09-13-2014, 06:58 PM

I think some people need to get out more.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:43 PM

2,743 posts, read 1,702,410 times
Probably The World's Largest Six Pack in La Crosse Wisconsin.

World's Largest Six Pack and Gambrinus, King of Beer, La Crosse, Wisconsin

I lived only a few miles away and we went past it all the time. It was a part of the landscape for me. At one point I heard that someone was talking about converting them into condominiums. Wouldn't that be a trip, to live in a huge beer can?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel