Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2014, 08:07 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,370,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Agree. That statement was like saying the nuns in habit you see around St. Peters are tacky.
They are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Hmmm...can you tell us what colors the dinosaurs really were? If so, scientists are waiting for you to share your knowledge!
Fair point, but it's a pretty safe bet that The Flinstones was not a scientifically accurate depiction of the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous Periods.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:27 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,613,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
uuuuuh, sense of humor much?
When things are funny and not rude, yes I have a sense of humor. I have several Mennonite friends and did not find those comments funny in the least bit. I wouldn't have found them funny even if I wasn't friends with Mennonites.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:18 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Well, according to legend, is was Saint Helena of Constantinople who was guided by "visions" as she pointed out the exact spots where Jesus was born, placed in the manger, was crucified, entombed, etc. Who was Helena? She was the mother of the Emperor Constantine. Constantine sent her on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land around the year 327 CE where she went around pointing out holy spots.
I understand that. I just don't accept her visions as legitimate, and I don't have much use for Constantine.

Quote:
If you ever come to Philly I will point out to you the exact spot where Ben Franklin flew a kite, Betsy Ross sewed a flag, and Rocky climbed some steps ...
I'd love that! I can't promise I'd be convinced of their authenticity, but I've always wanted to visit Philly!

Old 09-16-2014, 11:35 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
When things are funny and not rude, yes I have a sense of humor. I have several Mennonite friends and did not find those comments funny in the least bit. I wouldn't have found them funny even if I wasn't friends with Mennonites.

I didn't think it was funny, either, but it was obviously a tongue in cheek post.

Jesus.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I didn't think it was funny, either, but it was obviously a tongue in cheek post.
I agree, and getting all offended by it just reveals oneself to be a hyper-sensitive whiter person. (call me racist, but that's not really how I meant it)

Old 09-16-2014, 11:44 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,936,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
Fair point, but it's a pretty safe bet that The Flinstones was not a scientifically accurate depiction of the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous Periods.
Talking about cheesy theme parks ... isn't there a place called Flintstone's Bedrock City??? A quick internet search reveals there are actually two of these places: one in South Dakota and one in Arizona. Has anyone visited either of these places?

Old 09-16-2014, 12:00 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,816,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Talking about cheesy theme parks ... isn't there a place called Flintstone's Bedrock City??? A quick internet search reveals there are actually two of these places: one in South Dakota and one in Arizona. Has anyone visited either of these places?
Somebody PLEASE say you've been there and describe it in excruciating detail!

Old 09-16-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
Somebody PLEASE say you've been there and describe it in excruciating detail!
I think there's a lot of them because I remember going to one as a kid and I don't think it was in SD or AZ but it may well have been. I know there are still a lot of places like Jellystone Park (Yogi Bear & friends) like this one very near my home... Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Larkspur Colorado

Ironically I have an RV, pre-schoolers, and a < 20 minute drive to get there and have not been there yet because it just seems so tacky.

Old 09-16-2014, 02:51 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,595,331 times
This does not seem tacky to me.

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park

The ultimate tacky: spectator sports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel