U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 11:29 AM

35,324 posts, read 25,151,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post

Meals delivered to your seat....everyone got the same food items. Plastic plates but no silverware. You were supposed to eat each item with your fingers ie corn on the cob, fried chicken etc.

How else are you going to eat corn on the cob and fried chicken?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 05:21 AM

200 posts, read 254,719 times
Disneyland

Old 09-30-2014, 08:13 PM

1,343 posts, read 4,674,638 times
Can't believe I've scanned this whole thread. I need to get a life.

And can't believe nobody's mentioned The Big Duck on Long Island. Of course I have a Christmas ornament from there...

Tackiness on the national historical register!

Big Duck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-01-2014, 08:13 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,149,308 times
Eurodisney Paris®.
Make the Disney parks in Orlando look like a quality experience. No kidding.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:27 PM

10,422 posts, read 12,409,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Eurodisney Paris®.
Make the Disney parks in Orlando look like a quality experience. No kidding.
Yes and its also 10 times smaller than Disney World.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:09 PM

836 posts, read 856,665 times
For me- Disney - Magic Kingdom. So tacky IMO with the fireworks, and overpriced doll collections.

I could see the hype as a young child, but unfortunately I went with my high school class and the majority of the class chose Magic Kingdom so I had no choice

Old 10-02-2014, 02:15 PM

12,304 posts, read 10,756,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisce4 View Post
For me- Disney - Magic Kingdom. So tacky IMO with the fireworks, and overpriced doll collections.

I could see the hype as a young child, but unfortunately I went with my high school class and the majority of the class chose Magic Kingdom so I had no choice
I went to Disney World in high school. The rides were ok.....some sucked. That damn It's a Small World ride with all the freaking dolls on it! And that song!!! OMG! They should give you a bucket of softballs and see how many of those dolls you can nail like at the fair. That stupid thing had to be the worst ride ever...and of course my mother loved it and still does. Did I mention that the crazy woman has a room where she keeps her doll collection? Sick and twisted!

And the Disney parades.....they have to be designed for 4 year olds. I just saw a video of Darth Vader and Storm Troopers dancing to MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This." I don't even like Star Wars, but way to go Disney. Ruin a good thing.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:02 AM

22,592 posts, read 12,330,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post
Can't believe I've scanned this whole thread. I need to get a life.

And can't believe nobody's mentioned The Big Duck on Long Island. Of course I have a Christmas ornament from there...

Tackiness on the national historical register!

Big Duck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How ... while at the Jersey Shore ... just a few miles south of Atlantic City:

Lucy, the Margate Elephant ???

Old 10-03-2014, 01:15 AM

39,528 posts, read 47,687,050 times
Branson, MO has some tacky places.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:54 AM

836 posts, read 856,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I went to Disney World in high school. The rides were ok.....some sucked. That damn It's a Small World ride with all the freaking dolls on it! And that song!!! OMG! They should give you a bucket of softballs and see how many of those dolls you can nail like at the fair. That stupid thing had to be the worst ride ever...and of course my mother loved it and still does. Did I mention that the crazy woman has a room where she keeps her doll collection? Sick and twisted!

And the Disney parades.....they have to be designed for 4 year olds. I just saw a video of Darth Vader and Storm Troopers dancing to MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This." I don't even like Star Wars, but way to go Disney. Ruin a good thing.
haha I hear ya! One of my friend's got engaged at Disney World and made sure to caption the pic "Where Dreams Do Come True"...

Not my cup of tea, but obviously they are still in business so to each their own
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel