U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2014, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,183 times

Advertisements

I bought a ticket on expedia - SFO to RIO by USair and Buenos Aires to SFO by Aeromexico.

Aeromexico changed their departure time from BA by 20 min reducing my layover in Mexico City
to 1:20min - WHich i think is more than enough. EXpedia claims it is not and refusing to "re-issue"
a ticket. When i go to aeromexico website - my reservation looks fine. BUt on expedia's website - my
reservation doesn't show up.

Expedia says I have to reschedule. Unfortunately theren't any sensible or economical route changes available with Aeromexico. If they refund half of my ticket (Aeromexico's part) - I cannot get a return ticket at the
same fare as fares have gone up for the holiday season.

questions:

1. What happens if I just show up at the Buenos airport - will they refuse to let me board.

2. What recourse do i have? Expedia says they are not willing to pay for the extra that it might cost to rebook my return flights. Nor are they able to find me a reasonable return flight.

PLease HELP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 06:08 PM

3,656 posts, read 3,519,208 times
First of all, in any query, you should clearly write your journey details like SFO, Mexico City, Rio, Buenos Aires etc. Flight is originating from which place, where are you changing and which airlines etc??
On Aeromexico website, your Reservation looks fine??? You must be having some Reservation Code. Check that on Amadeus or check my trip website. If it shows there, then you should just board the flight at Buenos Aires. I understand that you will change your flight at Mexico City. If you miss your connecting flight, just walk to the counter of your airline and they will put you in some later flight. Dont worry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or