U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 11:12 AM

352 posts, read 248,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Thankfully I've never witnessed anything remotely close to photos in article

Passenger Shaming latest social media trend that shames airline travellers | Daily Mail Online
Honestly, flying is probably my least favorite thing to do. The security is a joke and a hassle, the prices are obscene, the service is horrendous, there is utterly no comfort if you're not flying first class, the food is terrible...but the worst part is being exposed to the classless and oblivious people. Just go to any terminal and look around at how people are disgusting, how some show up unwashed and with dirty clothes, how some act as if they aren't in public at all, how some people let their kids run wild, how some people act as if they are the only person in the airport as they scream on their phone, etc. And this isn't to mention the people who are obviously sick but do nothing to keep from spreading their germs to everyone else. This is why I drive anywhere I can when travelling. Flying is a last resort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 02:34 PM

1,707 posts, read 1,162,730 times
In terms of bad passenger clothing, the worst I've send was a guy in his late 20's wearing a t-shirt that said "I'm not Mr. Perfect, but I'll f*** your daughter until he comes along"

Old 09-18-2014, 02:59 PM

26,590 posts, read 54,577,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Yuck...people don't realize onions, garlic, alcohol as you are sweating this out of your body, you smell like it.
In junior high I had a friend who was clean and used deodorant, but always smelled like Doritos. It was pretty unbearable sometimes.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallybalt View Post
I have never seen the half naked people on flights. Thank God.

I have seen plenty of weird yoga positions, especially among slim young women. They can be impressive!
That might be me, although I'm not young.

I often sit cross legged.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlking58 View Post
In terms of bad passenger clothing, the worst I've send was a guy in his late 20's wearing a t-shirt that said "I'm not Mr. Perfect, but I'll f*** your daughter until he comes along"
I'm sure his mother is proud.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:05 PM

14,190 posts, read 6,424,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
That might be me, although I'm not young.

I often sit cross legged.
You sit cross legged on a flight, huh? Are you trespassing on your neighbors space with your knees?

Old 09-18-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You sit cross legged on a flight, huh? Are you trespassing on your neighbors space with your knees?
Nope. I only do it when I'm in first class. No way to "trespass" with a six inch divider between the seats.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Nope. I only do it when I'm in first class. No way to "trespass" with a six inch divider between the seats.
You bring a ruler with you when you travel? Odd.

I haven't come across anything really disgusting yet however, I was woken up from my drug induced slumber coming back from Malaysia by an asian woman screaming bloody murder. She was eventually handcuffed. Thankfully, because I was so rattled I wanted to punch her in the face myself. Turns out I guess she didn't take her meds that day, or that's the rumor that was going around the plane, lol. I had a friend who took his phone, reached around the back of his seat & took a picture of the guy sitting behind him w/the naked feet. Just...gross. People have absolutely no manners.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You bring a ruler with you when you travel? Odd.
???

I guess you've never sat in first. There is a fixed armrest that is about six inches wide between the seats.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
???

I guess you've never sat in first. There is a fixed armrest that is about six inches wide between the seats.
From the few times I've flown, that picture looks like business class. Nope, never been in first. Like I asked, do you bring a ruler with you when you travel? You're constantly posting measurements. It's quite amusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or