Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New Orleans, Tampa, or Orlando?
New Orleans 20 71.43%
Tampa 6 21.43%
Orlando 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 09:24 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,984,459 times

Advertisements

If you were planning a romantic vacation for next month, which one of the cities would you go to? New Orleans, Tampa or Orlando?

This will be your first vacation together, so of course you want it to be special. But you also want to have fun and partake in "vacation" activities.

You'd also like to get the most bang for your buck.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 09:55 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
Bang for the buck? Tampa. Most romantic? New Orleans. Leave Orlando to the families. Unless "hoards of misbehaving, screaming children" works for you.

Tampa proper isn't all that much. But they have the Centro Ybor area, which is delightful. There is also the Salvadore Dali museum in nearby Clearwater, which I go to every time I'm in the area. Here are some pictures:

Old 09-18-2014, 09:56 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,150,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
If you were planning a romantic vacation for next month, which one of the cities would you go to? New Orleans, Tampa or Orlando?

This will be your first vacation together, so of course you want it to be special. But you also want to have fun and partake in "vacation" activities.

You'd also like to get the most bang for your buck.

For that budget, you can go to the Caribbean or Mexico.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Bang for the buck? Tampa. Most romantic? New Orleans. Leave Orlando to the families. Unless "hoards of misbehaving, screaming children" works for you.

Tampa proper isn't all that much. But they have the Centro Ybor area, which is delightful. There is also the Salvadore Dali museum in nearby Clearwater, which I go to every time I'm in the area. Here are some pictures:

Yes, New Orleans and Tampa are at the top of the list. Thanks for the information about Centro Ybor, and I had no idea Clearwater was close by..

This makes Tampa a somewhat better prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
The Caribbean is a great idea. One person needs to get their passport, unfortunately. No clue what he is waiting for.

Assuming they have a passport and the desire to travel internationally.

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Romantic? None of the listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
^^^ This!

Old 09-18-2014, 10:12 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times
Although I love Tampa, Orlando, and New Orleans, for a $2500.00 budget I'd head for an all inclusive in the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, or someplace else in the Caribbean. I believe there are some locations that do not require a passport, but right now I can't remember which.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Yes, New Orleans and Tampa are at the top of the list. Thanks for the information about Centro Ybor, and I had no idea Clearwater was close by..

This makes Tampa a somewhat better prospect.
Time of year makes a big difference. And unfortunately, all three cities are close enough together that an October visit could be blown away by a hurricane.

I would increase the range a little bit, and include places that aren't in the line of fire for storm season (unless you're thinking of a winter vacation, in which case, Tampa becomes the obvious favorite).

There are other places in Florida that are even better -- Sanibel, Naples, Islamorada, Key Largo. If your idea of "romantic vacation" is long walks on the beach, sailboat trips, snorkeling and sipping fruity drinks in Caribbean bars populated by scruffy pirate types.

If you need a city with city-type stuff to do, you can do a whole lot worse than Tampa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Although I love Tampa, Orlando, and New Orleans, for a $2500.00 budget I'd head for an all inclusive in the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, or someplace else in the Caribbean. I believe there are some locations that do not require a passport, but right now I can't remember which.
There is absolutely no place outside of the US which does not require a passport. They can go to Puerto Rico. But the airfare will eat up most of their budget.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Oh wow, this is news to me. I had no idea you could travel to the suggested places with $2,500. This trip would have been done a lot sooner. Thanks.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Time of year makes a big difference. And unfortunately, all three cities are close enough together that an October visit could be blown away by a hurricane.

I would increase the range a little bit, and include places that aren't in the line of fire for storm season (unless you're thinking of a winter vacation, in which case, Tampa becomes the obvious favorite).

There are other places in Florida that are even better -- Sanibel, Naples, Islamorada, Key Largo. If your idea of "romantic vacation" is long walks on the beach, sailboat trips, snorkeling and sipping fruity drinks in Caribbean bars populated by scruffy pirate types.

If you need a city with city-type stuff to do, you can do a whole lot worse than Tampa.

There is absolutely no place outside of the US which does not require a passport. They can go to Puerto Rico. But the airfare will eat up most of their budget.
So, you'd suggest northern parts of FL?

Bummer on the latter info you provided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel