U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-28-2007, 10:46 AM

146 posts, read 313,762 times

Advertisements

Hello!
My husband and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary this year and want to take a trip to either the caribbean or hawaii. Any suggestions on a great romantic week away where we can relax and enjoy time away from the kids? Also, when would be the best time of year to go? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 04:33 PM

690 posts, read 1,718,694 times
That is a huge, open ended question. There are so many places in the Caribbean to visit, and Hawaii's made up of many islands. It very much depends on what you want to do and see. Are you an active couple? Want to just do the beach thing? Want some nightlife? All of these things are going to come into play when you make your decision. You need to first decide on a budget, then what kind of vacation you want, and go from there.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:49 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,907,587 times
Hawaii in a week is tough. It takes almost a day to get there and another day is spent flying back. Plus the time change of 5 or 6 hours really zaps your system coming and going. I'd wait until you can go for at least 10 days or 2 weeks. For 1 week in April or May I'd go to an all-inclusive in the Caribbean or Cabo. May be able to get direct flights and all activities, food, drink, nightlife and entertainment is provided. You might look into cruises as well.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:48 PM

3,830 posts, read 5,722,282 times
Bermuda is great in the summer time, but it would be too cool for a beach vacation in the winter and early spring. In the Caribbean, be careful about booking during hurricane season in the fall.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:57 PM

1,127 posts, read 3,944,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Family View Post
Hello!
My husband and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary this year and want to take a trip to either the caribbean or hawaii. Any suggestions on a great romantic week away where we can relax and enjoy time away from the kids? Also, when would be the best time of year to go? Thanks!
Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii

There are many condos, and a beautiful ($$$$) hotel. Here are some links (none of them mine!):

NORTH SHORE Kauai Tour

Princeville at Hanalei - Luxury Kauai Resort

Quintus Resort's Hanalei Bay Resort In Princeville On Kauai, Hawaii

Here's a link to a web cam mounted on the hotel. Check the view (remember the time in Hawaii is three hours earlier than the West Coast - no view when dark)

Welcome to Princeville Resorts Live Web Cam - Starwood Hawaii Hotels & Resorts (http://www.seehawaiilive.com/pvh-cam.cfm - broken link)

Hank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel