U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 07:15 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,477,175 times

Advertisements

I'm not going to let it stop me and in fact, I'll likely take advantage of the inevitable reduction in costs. I'm in the process of booking a trip to the Far East right now, for next summer. I might take disinfectant with me on the plane and be a bit more cautious about touching things/washing hands/covering cuts but I'm not going to let Ebola stop my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 09:34 AM

14,446 posts, read 7,967,079 times
I wouldn't be traveling to Africa any time soon and I think we will be rethinking our Alaskan cruise next June, but I would hop on a plane and go to Maine in a hot second.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:56 AM

6,372 posts, read 3,612,248 times
I noticed in our paper that Brazil had its first case this week. I usually travel in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean and so far I've felt that good medical care has been available or close. But I'm having some reservations this year between bone break fever and Ebola.

My doctor says, "Go" and his nurses say, "Wait." I've always had a lot of faith in a good nurse. So I think I'll wait a while and see how this all plays out.

Saturday night I went to the Lutheran Church to have a pre-holiday lutefisk dinner and midmeal I had a paranoid thought: What if their African missionaries have been called home and are eating with us tonight?

Then I remembered I was eating lutefisk, for crying out loud.

I'm dauntless.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:27 AM

4,123 posts, read 4,760,000 times
Not worried and not changing plans.

Old 10-16-2014, 01:05 PM

635 posts, read 694,684 times
Made plans for both November and December, no plans on changing.
You can get Ebola from visiting the supermarket.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:15 PM

671 posts, read 598,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I wouldn't be traveling to Africa any time soon and I think we will be rethinking our Alaskan cruise next June, but I would hop on a plane and go to Maine in a hot second.
Interesting that many of you are referring to Africa as if it's a country. Most of the over 50 countries on the continent have seen two fewer cases of ebola than the U.S.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:10 PM

1,032 posts, read 1,394,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I'm going to visit my dad and stepmom in November; they live in Florida and both ways I have a layover in Dallas Ft. Worth. I'm not that worried; I figure by then the CDC, hospitals, etc. will have gotten it together and figured out what they're supposed to be doing, thereby drastically minimizing any real threat.
I am going to be going to Florida in December. Not worried at all. The media is really good about instilling fear in the public.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:31 PM

6,679 posts, read 3,721,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I went to the Lutheran Church to have a pre-holiday lutefisk dinner
You may have found the vaccine....you are good to go.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:40 PM

731 posts, read 1,378,246 times
Default Ebola and travel

Since the second nurse from Dallas hospital who has the Ebola virus flew to Ohio then flew back to Dallas with symptoms of Ebola on the flight back makes me know I would not fly at this moment. I don't understand why she was allowed to fly at all. The CDC gave her permission and later said they made a bad call. This nurse also treated Duncan. Maybe I am just a worrier, bout it seems to me there are a lot of stupid people who are involved in treating this virus.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:47 PM

2,563 posts, read 2,803,456 times
I think we'll have a better idea of how this plays out in a few few months. Maybe there's not much to worry about. Then again, maybe travel won't be such a smart idea, especially by air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or